Keeping The Tradition Alive
It’s true. The traditional Punch and Judy Show is making a come back but you won’t often see Mr Punch and his friends down on the beach so it’s no good heading off to Redcar, Whitby, Scarborough or Bridlington to see him. The chances are he won’t be there.
It’s funny how good ideas catch on. In recent years “Seaside Events” have become popular in Yorkshire. I’m not sure who started it off but there are now annual seaside days taking place in town centres and market squares throughout North Yorkshire and West Yorkshire too. Even enterprising showmen have got in on the act realising the appeal a seaside day can have to families looking for a fun day out hence the local fair has now become “Barnsley by the Sea” etc.
The essential ingredients for a fantastic seaside day are sand, buckets and spades, a Punch and Judy Show, ice cream and donkey rides. I’ll not mention sunshine!
This is all good news if you are a Yorkshire based Punch and Judy Man ( which of course I am ). I live in beautiful Richmond North Yorkshire and as far as I know I am the first and only professional Punch and Judy Man the town has ever had. Richmond was a very prosperous place in Georgian times and boasts a delightful Georgian, cobbled market square, a fabulous castle, a pretty waterfall and much more. It’s a very interesting place to live with lots of history. I love it and I am sure Mr Punch feels very comfortable here too as he is as historical as he is hysterical having arrived in England from Italy in the mid seventeenth century.
I have always been very interested in history and I have always thought it’s important to keep old traditions alive which are two reasons why I love Punch and Judy so much. I’m also very proud to be a Yorkshire man. I was born in the seaside town of Redcar ( then in North Yorkshire ) and as a commissioned officer in the Yorkshire Volunteers ( a Territorial Army Infantry Regiment ) had the privilege of being married to my wife Hazel in York Minster.
Over the many years I have been fortunate enough to be Mr Punch’s travelling companion and have performed my Punch and Judy Show throughout Yorkshire including Richmond, Bedale, Northallerton, Thirsk, Ripon, Harrogate and York which are all within an hour of my home. I am used to travelling further field and have also performed at events in Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Halifax, Wakefield, Barnsley, Sheffield, Doncaster and many, many more places in between.
I have to be honest. Travelling around Yorkshire with Punch and Judy has never been a problem to me. First of all I am proud to be a Yorkshire man and second, I’m on a mission….Keeping The Tradition Alive!
If you are looking for a Punch and Judy Show for your event call me now for a FREE quotation. Just fill in the ENQUIRY FORM which will give me all the information I need to get back to you with a price. Thank you.
Jolly Good Productions
- Victorian Punch and Judy Show
- Punch and Judy in Durham
- Do You Suffer From Wind?
- Punch Arrested!
- World’s longest-running Punch and Judy show notches up 150 years | Mail Online
- Punch Fan Finds Fun Come Rain Or Sun!
- Punch And Judy Kissing Is No Laughing Matter
- Georgian Punch and Judy
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair
- British Legion Day, Stockton, June 2011
- Good Old Fashioned Fun!
- Punch and Judy Man, County Durham
- Punch And Judy Show Shocks Adult Audience
- Punch And Judy Shows Are Not All The Same!
- Irreverent Punch At Student Party
- Outdoor Events | Do I Need A Wet Weather Plan ?
- Who Do You Think You Are Mr Punch?
- Mr Punch and The Barrel Organ
- Mr Punch and the Padre
- The Seaside Comes To Barnsley!
- Measuring Job Satisfaction
- The “Old Hoss” Of Richmond
- The Ripon Hornblower
- Line Dancing Classes in Bedale, North Yorkshire
- Punch And Judy And Why Size Matters!
- Ripon Festival Spring Fair 2011
- Newton Le Willows Village Hall
- Dalton and Gayles Memorial Hall
- Thirsk and Sowerby Town Hall
- Beighton Gala with Mr Punch
- Alnwick Lions Family Fun Day
- Family Fun Day Entertainment Tips | Site Layout
- Grand National Winner Supports Race Night Fund Raiser
- Christmas Eve, FREE Show!
- The Buck Inn, Maunby
- Newbiggin Maritime Centre | Seaside Day
- Why You should Never Forget Your Trousers
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- Athersley South Action Group Show How It’s Done!
- Coronation Street Star In Wensleydale
- Mr Punch’s Big Birthday Bash
- How To Get Even More People To Attend Your Event!
- Traditional Amusements | Chair O Plane Ride
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair 2011
- Jubilee Events | Jolly Good Productions
- Hire A Vintage Fairground Ride
- Shooting Gallery With Moving Targets!
- Great Yorkshire Show Is Expensive!
- Christmas Eve Show, Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Cyrenians at Blagdon Estate
- Why Everyone Loves A Pirate Theme Party
- Malton Show 2015
- Hold An Eagle Owl For Three Pounds
- Wolsingham Gala 2015
- Stockton Toys And Gifts
- Hawes Gala | The Water Slide
- Northfields Shopping Centre, Birmingham, Fun Day
- Christmas Show For Your Xmas Party
- Children’s Encyclopedia Britannica Problem | Help Wanted
- Brain Teaser | Psychopath Test
- LATIN, BALLROOM AND SEQUENCE DANCE CLASSES
- Donkey Rides
- Face Painter, Catterick Garrison
- East Harlsey Village Hall
- How Long Will New Play Park Last?
- Pants In The Park In Gateshead 2010
- Frank Watson Kiddies Roundabouts For Hire
- Night At The Museum | Balloon Modelling
- Have You Ever Been Bubbled?
- Bubble Trouble At Birthday Bash
- Hunton Village Hall | North Yorkshire
- Wedding Magician, North Yorkshire
- Not Quite The Grand National
- Birthday Party Magic
- Raptor Conservation Static Bird of Prey Display
- Borrowby Village Hall
- Wensleydale Show 2011
- York Visit Kindles Minster Wedding Memories
- New Play Park For Seaham
- Green Howards Join Up To Help Toby
- Lady Children’s Entertainer, Richmond ( North Yorkshire )
- Parties For Girls
- Who To Invite To A Children’s Party
- Holy Family Parish Centre, Darlington
- Wilson Centre, Long Newton, Stockton On Tees
- Make A Stunning Entrance To Your Santa’s Grotto
- All Saint’s Church Hall, Ravensdale Road, Darlington
- Cancer | Help Wanted
- Heighington Village Hall
- Ingredients For A Good Children’s Entertainer
- C673 Family Fun Day
- Hunt The Letter
- Mini Miami Fairground Ride For Kids