Ring on a String is a brilliant party game for a family gathering or party at home. Everyone except small children can play. Its very simple and its great fun.
What you need to play the game
A long piece of string and a ring.
How to play
Everyone stands or sits in a circle.
The ring is placed on the string and is extended so that it forms a circle which everyone can place their two hands on. The string is then cut to length and the two ends tied together.
Everyone is now holding onto the string with both hands and the string is in a circle with the ring on it.
One person goes in the middle an closes their eyes.
Everyone else has to hide the ring. All players move their hands from side to side keeping their fists round the string as they do so.
The person in the middle now opens their eyes and has to try and find the ring by touching peoples fists. The fist must be opened when touched.
Everyone in the circle is passing the ring secretly from hand to hand trying to avoid being caught.
Once the ring is discovered, the person in possession takes a turn in the middle.
This is a great game that has been played many, many times by my family over the years. We all love it and hope you will too.
Do you know any good games for family gatherings ? What are they and what are the rules ?
Jolly Good Productions
- Hunt The Letter
- Memory Games Do Work
- Bags Of Fun
- Don’t Loose Your Marbles
- Party Tips For Mums And Dads
- Mini Miami Fairground Ride For Kids
- Christmas Is A Pain In The B**!
- What Makes A Good Father Christmas?
- Kids Say The Funniest Things
- Leyburn Primary School Summer Fair, May 2010
- Family Fun Day Entertainment Tips | Site Layout
- Ingredients For A Good Children’s Entertainer
- Why Hire a Professional Face Painter?
- How To Make Yourself Feel Better
- Methodist Church Hall, Scorton
- Walby Farm Park
- How To Entertain Older Kids
- How To Build A Beach At Your Event
- Holiday Club Ideas | Magic Day
- Face Painting Tips 5
- Why Do We Like Clowns So Much ?
- New Play Park For Seaham
- Hen Party | Plucking Up Fun!
- Dalton and Gayles Memorial Hall
- How To Get More People To Attend Your Event
- Race Night Race Card Example
- Do You Suffer From Wind?
- In Store Entertainment That Works!
- Live Crocodile To Star In Punch And Judy Show
- Bubble Trouble At Birthday Bash
- Jolly Good Fun For Army Kids
- Northfields Shopping Centre, Birmingham, Fun Day
- Wolves Workshops For Children Are Howling Success!
- Knock, Knock, who’s there?
- Birthday Cakes To Steal The Show
- Pirate Themed Birthday Cake
- Boomwackers Are Fun
- Cracking Cake Caper Caps Kids Commotion!
- Punch and Judy in Durham
- Punch And Judy Show Shocks Adult Audience
- Entertaining Pre School Age Children At A Birthday Party
- Children’s Entertainer | Right And Wrong Way To Book
- Who To Invite To A Children’s Party
- Birthday Party Clown
- How to get the most from your children’s entertainer!
- How to plan a Children’s Christmas Party
- Have You Ever Been Bubbled?
- Donkey Rides
- Wedding Magician, North Yorkshire
- What is an ” AUGUSTE ” clown?
- Desert Rats, Treasure And Redcar
- Good Old Fashioned Fun!
- Why You should Never Forget Your Trousers
- Mr Punch’s 350th Birthday Party
- A Fabulous Christmas Party
- The Romans Are Coming!
- Tyre Event Is Anything But Tiring!
- Ripon Seaside Day 2011
- Storytelling | Are Fables Relevant Today?
- C673 Family Fun Day
- Thorp Perrow Circus Mayhem
- Wensleydale Show 2011
- Punch And Judy Visit Historic Northumberland
- Pants In The Park In Gateshead 2010
- Punch, Fire And Crafty Goings On Delight Visitors At Top Museum
- British Legion Day, Stockton, June 2011
- Punch and Judy Man, County Durham
- A tribute to Michael Polakovs “Coco” a brilliant clown
- How to make Toffee
- Get Some Christmas Cheer
- Christmas Show For Your Xmas Party
- Christmas Costume Characters In Action
- Lady Children’s Entertainer, Richmond ( North Yorkshire )
- Mr Punch’s Xmas Party
- Birthday Party Venue Is Magic
- Face Painting | Health And Safety
- Thirsk and Sowerby Town Hall
- Make A Stunning Entrance To Your Santa’s Grotto
- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer | Hire
- Why Is Face Painting So Popular?
- Birthday Party Magic
- Bouncy Castle Safety
- “Frozen” Christmas Party Balloon Display
- Tips On Taking Photos Or Video At A Children’s Party
- Hold An Eagle Owl For Three Pounds
- Balloon Santa Claus
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- Independant Safeguarding Authority Rules Announced
- Face Painting Tips 4
- Motivational Workshops
- Measuring Job Satisfaction
- Kid’s Shows Inside Or Out?
- CRB Checks, What Are The Rules?