Ring on a String is a brilliant party game for a family gathering or party at home. Everyone except small children can play. Its very simple and its great fun.
What you need to play the game
A long piece of string and a ring.
How to play
Everyone stands or sits in a circle.
The ring is placed on the string and is extended so that it forms a circle which everyone can place their two hands on. The string is then cut to length and the two ends tied together.
Everyone is now holding onto the string with both hands and the string is in a circle with the ring on it.
One person goes in the middle an closes their eyes.
Everyone else has to hide the ring. All players move their hands from side to side keeping their fists round the string as they do so.
The person in the middle now opens their eyes and has to try and find the ring by touching peoples fists. The fist must be opened when touched.
Everyone in the circle is passing the ring secretly from hand to hand trying to avoid being caught.
Once the ring is discovered, the person in possession takes a turn in the middle.
This is a great game that has been played many, many times by my family over the years. We all love it and hope you will too.
Do you know any good games for family gatherings ? What are they and what are the rules ?
Jolly Good Productions
- Hunt The Letter
- Memory Games Do Work
- Bags Of Fun
- Don’t Loose Your Marbles
- Party Tips For Mums And Dads
- Mini Miami Fairground Ride For Kids
- Christmas Is A Pain In The B**!
- What Makes A Good Father Christmas?
- Kids Say The Funniest Things
- Family Fun Day Entertainment Tips | Site Layout
- Leyburn Primary School Summer Fair, May 2010
- Ingredients For A Good Children’s Entertainer
- Why Hire a Professional Face Painter?
- How To Make Yourself Feel Better
- Walby Farm Park
- Methodist Church Hall, Scorton
- How To Entertain Older Kids
- How To Build A Beach At Your Event
- Face Painting Tips 5
- Holiday Club Ideas | Magic Day
- New Play Park For Seaham
- Why Do We Like Clowns So Much ?
- Hen Party | Plucking Up Fun!
- Dalton and Gayles Memorial Hall
- Race Night Race Card Example
- Do You Suffer From Wind?
- In Store Entertainment That Works!
- How To Get More People To Attend Your Event
- Live Crocodile To Star In Punch And Judy Show
- Bubble Trouble At Birthday Bash
- Jolly Good Fun For Army Kids
- Northfields Shopping Centre, Birmingham, Fun Day
- Wolves Workshops For Children Are Howling Success!
- Knock, Knock, who’s there?
- Birthday Cakes To Steal The Show
- Pirate Themed Birthday Cake
- Boomwackers Are Fun
- How to plan a Children’s Christmas Party
- Birthday Party Clown
- Children’s Entertainer | Right And Wrong Way To Book
- How to get the most from your children’s entertainer!
- Have You Ever Been Bubbled?
- Punch And Judy Show Shocks Adult Audience
- Entertaining Pre School Age Children At A Birthday Party
- Who To Invite To A Children’s Party
- Cracking Cake Caper Caps Kids Commotion!
- Punch and Judy in Durham
- Wedding Magician, North Yorkshire
- Donkey Rides
- What is an ” AUGUSTE ” clown?
- Good Old Fashioned Fun!
- Desert Rats, Treasure And Redcar
- Why You should Never Forget Your Trousers
- Punch And Judy Visit Historic Northumberland
- Tyre Event Is Anything But Tiring!
- Storytelling | Are Fables Relevant Today?
- Punch, Fire And Crafty Goings On Delight Visitors At Top Museum
- Pants In The Park In Gateshead 2010
- Ripon Seaside Day 2011
- Mr Punch’s 350th Birthday Party
- The Romans Are Coming!
- Thorp Perrow Circus Mayhem
- C673 Family Fun Day
- A Fabulous Christmas Party
- Wensleydale Show 2011
- Get Some Christmas Cheer
- Punch and Judy Man, County Durham
- British Legion Day, Stockton, June 2011
- A tribute to Michael Polakovs “Coco” a brilliant clown
- How to make Toffee
- Face Painting | Health And Safety
- Christmas Costume Characters In Action
- Lady Children’s Entertainer, Richmond ( North Yorkshire )
- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer | Hire
- Why Is Face Painting So Popular?
- Birthday Party Magic
- Christmas Show For Your Xmas Party
- Make A Stunning Entrance To Your Santa’s Grotto
- Thirsk and Sowerby Town Hall
- Bouncy Castle Safety
- Birthday Party Venue Is Magic
- Tips On Taking Photos Or Video At A Children’s Party
- Mr Punch’s Xmas Party
- “Frozen” Christmas Party Balloon Display
- Children’s Encyclopedia Britannica Problem | Help Wanted
- Independant Safeguarding Authority Rules Announced
- An Entertaining Life
- Measuring Job Satisfaction
- Balloon Santa Claus
- Face Painting Tips 4
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- CRB Checks, What Are The Rules?
- Motivational Workshops