Here’s another recipe of my Mum’s. Ideal if you are in a hurry and want to make a tasty cake for a party or family gathering.
How to make a Victoria Sandwich
175g butter or marge, softened
175g caster sugar
3 eggs beaten ( size 3 )
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
175g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 – 4 tablespoons milk
Grease bottom of 21cm round microwave safe dish. Line with paper
In large mixing bowl with mixer at low speed, beat butter / marge and sugar until light and fluffy
into mixer gradually add eggs ( beaten ) and vanilla if liked
Gently fold in flour and baking powder with milk alternately
Mixer should have soft dropping consistency
Spoon half the mix into cake dish
Cook for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2mins
rotate halfway through cooking
It’s cooked when it springs back by touching the top
Leave to stand for 5 mins
Repeat for second half
Decorate as you wish
Not sure what fillings Mum used, I was too busy eating. Any suggestions on fillings and decoration?
Jolly Good Productions
- How to make a chocolate cake in four minutes!
- How To Make Yummy Yummy Chocolate Cookies
- How to make Toffee
- Magician’s Lemon Cheescake Recipe Is Magic
- Cracking Cake Caper Caps Kids Commotion!
- Party Tips For Mums And Dads
- Face Painting For A Party Or Event By Hazel Wood
- Bubble Trouble At Birthday Bash
- Children’s Entertainer | Right And Wrong Way To Book
- Birthday Cakes To Steal The Show
- Slide Show | Feature Packed And FREE
- Memory Full, Baffling Computer Problem Solved
- How To Avoid Face Paint Peril For Parents | Face Painting Advice
- You Tube Free Video Downloader
- How to get the most from your children’s entertainer!
- How I Made My Twitter Background
- How To Build A Beach At Your Event
- How To Make Yourself Feel Better
- Ripon Festival Spring Fair 2011
- Brighouse Victorian Christmas Festival 2013
- Ingredients For A Good Children’s Entertainer
- Wensleydale Show 2011
- Pirate Cakes In Fabulous Fairy Castle
- Flowers and Rainbow Faces | Face Painting by Hazel Wood
- Leyburn Primary School Summer Fair, May 2010
- Great Yorkshire Show Is Expensive!
- Face Painting Tips 2
- Victorian Punch and Judy Show
- ‘Spring Into Magic’ Family theatre show.
- Spring Into Magic.
- Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt 2011 | Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Pregnant ‘Bump Painting’
- The Cutest Thing You’ve Ever Seen!
- Amazing Clown Birthday Cake
- Cakes To Die For
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- Joel’s Amazing Pirate Cakes
- Birthday Cake Ideas
- Amazing Birthday Cake!
- Tractor Birthday Cake
- Pirate Themed Birthday Cake
- Wensleydale Show 2010
- Frank Watson Kiddies Roundabouts For Hire
- The Seaside Comes To Barnsley!
- How To Pack Them In On A Charity Race Night!
- King Custard Puppet Show Review
- Thorp Perrow Circus Mayhem
- Face Painting | Teamwork Counts!
- C673 Family Fun Day
- Morley RUFC Royal Wedding Event
- How to plan a Children’s Christmas Party
- After Dinner Speaker Chuckle The Clown
- August Bank Holiday Events
- Why You should Never Forget Your Trousers
- Free Children’s Show, Christmas Eve | Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Free Business Directory
- Bill Tarmey And Me
- Hawes Gala 2012 Was No wash Out!
- Christmas Puppet Show
- Race Night Winning Formula
- How To Get Even More People To Attend Your Event!
- The Buck Inn, Maunby
- Time Planning Tips
- Christmas Eve Show, Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Race Night Race Card Example
- Deer Shed Festival Has Balldersby Bopping
- Children’s Entertainer Tent | What Type, What Size?
- Northfields Shopping Centre, Birmingham, Fun Day
- Face Painting For Beginners
- Christmas Eve, FREE Show!
- Butterfly Face by Hazel Wood
- Defining Happiness
- Magic And Monkey Business At Hartlepool Rovers
- Traditional Amusements | Chair O Plane Ride
- Christmas Show For Your Xmas Party
- Parties For Girls
- Face Painting, Leamington Spa
- All Saint’s Church Hall, Ravensdale Road, Darlington
- Christmas Costume Characters In Action
- Don’t Loose Your Marbles
- Advertise Your Event For Free
- A tribute to Michael Polakovs “Coco” a brilliant clown
- The Crook Town Festival Of Music
- How To Plan A Charity Or Community Event With No Funding
- Bucking Bull Beats Beastly Weather!
- Shooting Gallery With Moving Targets!
- New Play Park For Seaham
- Who To Invite To A Children’s Party
- The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Clock
- Ripon Seaside Day 2011
- Face Painting | Health And Safety
- A Fabulous Christmas Party
- What Is A Character Clown?