Laughter is the best form of medicine says Chuckle The Clown ! A friendly smile is worth its weight in gold and no one can deny that having a good laugh makes you feel better.
Doctors, Nurses and Psychologists acknowledge that ” A cheerful heart is good medicine ” It is well known that laughter reduces stress, eases pain, fosters recovery and generally brightens ones outlook.
Some hospitals and nursing homes amuse patients with trolleys stocked up with jokes, humorous cd’s, games and gimmicks. A few have even set up ” humour rooms ” for use by patients and their families to enjoy hearty laughter whilst watching DVD’s, telling jokes and watching live performances.
In one hospital nurses wear badges that read ” Warning : Humour may be hazardous to your illness”
Laughter stimulates the production of alertness hormones called catecholamines. These cause the release of endorphins in the brain. Endorphins promote a sense of relaxation and dull the perception of pain.
In addition Cathecholamines increase blood flow, speed up healing, reduce inflammation and increase alertness.
It is also believed that laughter enhances immune response by reducing hormones that suppress immunity.
A Doctor at the School of Osteopathic Medicine in New Jersey said that the diaphragm, thorax, abdomen, heart, lungs and even the liver are given a massage during a hearty laugh. Dr Herring declared that the effect of laughter on the cardiovascular and respiratory functions is even more evident. Regular breathing is disrupted, expiration becomes spasmodic and deeper. There is an increase in heart rate, blood pressure and muscular tension. As laughter subsides all of these levels drop to lower than normal and the individual feels relaxed.
It is thought that this relaxed state can last for up to 45 minutes and can help to counter high blood pressure heart disease and depression.
Given the fast pace of modern life and the daily pressures many of us face it’s easy to become stressed or feel depressed. In a weakened condition we are more prone to illness. Perhaps we all need some Laughter Therapy.
Chuckle The Clown’s advice on ” How To Make Yourself Feel Better ”
A laugh a day keeps the doctor away…
Book Chuckle The Clown for a party or event.
Share your ideas on ” How To Make Yourself Feel Better ” What works for you ?
Jolly Good Productions
- Laughter is the Best Medicine: The Health Benefits of Humor
- Don’t see a doctor see a clown!
- A tribute to Michael Polakovs “Coco” a brilliant clown
- What Is A Character Clown?
- What can politicians learn from the clowns?
- What is an ” AUGUSTE ” clown?
- An Entertaining Life
- Amazing Clown Birthday Cake
- Why Do We Like Clowns So Much ?
- Chuckle The Clown | Interview
- History Of Clowns
- Birthday Party Clown
- Why You should Never Forget Your Trousers
- Entertaining Pre School Age Children At A Birthday Party
- After Dinner Speaker Chuckle The Clown
- How to make Toffee
- Magician’s Lemon Cheescake Recipe Is Magic
- How to make a chocolate cake in four minutes!
- Memory Full, Baffling Computer Problem Solved
- Party Food – How To Make A Cake Quick
- How I Made My Twitter Background
- Slide Show | Feature Packed And FREE
- Clown Commercial Tickles Walmart Customers Funny Bones
- Children’s Entertainer | Right And Wrong Way To Book
- You Tube Free Video Downloader
- How To Make Yummy Yummy Chocolate Cookies
- How To Avoid Face Paint Peril For Parents | Face Painting Advice
- How to get the most from your children’s entertainer!
- How To Build A Beach At Your Event
- Ring on a String
- How To Entertain Older Kids
- C673 Family Fun Day
- Leyburn Primary School Summer Fair, May 2010
- Holiday Club Ideas | Magic Day
- Hen Party | Plucking Up Fun!
- Is Twitter A Complete Waste Of Time?
- Face Painting Tips 9
- Ingredients For A Good Children’s Entertainer
- Punch Arrested!
- Genuine Laughter
- Punch And Judy Kissing Is No Laughing Matter
- Punch, Fire And Crafty Goings On Delight Visitors At Top Museum
- Don’t Loose Your Marbles
- Tyre Event Is Anything But Tiring!
- Memory Games Do Work
- The Romans Are Coming!
- Family Fun Day Entertainment Tips | Site Layout
- Bubble Trouble At Birthday Bash
- A Fabulous Christmas Party
- Live Crocodile To Star In Punch And Judy Show
- Hunt The Letter
- Christmas Puppet Show
- Northfields Shopping Centre, Birmingham, Fun Day
- Get Some Christmas Cheer
- Donkey Rides
- How Long Will New Play Park Last?
- Jolly Good Fun For Army Kids
- British Legion Day, Stockton, June 2011
- Children’s Centre Activity Day Feedback
- Holiday Club Ideas | Circus Day
- Boomwackers Are Fun
- King Custard Puppet Show Review
- Pirate Themed Birthday Cake
- Walby Farm Park
- Petwise Petting Zoo
- Wolves Workshops For Children Are Howling Success!
- Birthday Cakes To Steal The Show
- Face Painting Tips 5
- Party Tips For Mums And Dads
- Punch and Judy Man, County Durham
- CRB Checks, What Are The Rules?
- Mr Punch and The Barrel Organ
- Zumba, Why Is It So Popular?
- Bags Of Fun
- Brighouse Victorian Christmas Festival 2013
- Cakes To Die For
- Face Painting Demo By Hazel
- Dalton and Gayles Memorial Hall
- Kids Say The Funniest Things
- Beamish Museum Carousel Ride
- There’s no excuse for a shoddy Santa Claus!
- Eye Catching Entrances
- Top Tips for Race Night Success
- Borrowby Village Hall
- Why Hire a Professional Face Painter?
- Mr Punch’s Big Birthday Bash
- Ferret Racing
- Hawes Gala 2012 Was No wash Out!
- Punch And Judy Visit Historic Northumberland
- Flowers and Rainbow Faces | Face Painting by Hazel Wood
- Race Night Tips | Running The Tote
- Elephants, Narnia and a touch of Westminster Abbey!
- The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Clock