Hazel and I had a lovely evening at the Knavesmire in York. It’s a special place for us as we were married in York Minster. I had been booked as an after dinner speaker and had been asked to give a talk and demonstration as Chuckle The Clown. There were about two hundred people in attendance and we enjoyed a first class meal. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. After the meal there were a few short speeches and a couple of presentations, then a comfort break before I was on. I was given an excellent introduction which explained who I was and all about my back ground and business.
My talk was in three parts.
I began with Punch and Judy as this was how I started out. I did the story about swallowing the swazzle and how it turned up again when I was in the loo. I then got onto clowning and how I went to the USA to learn the basics.
Next I had a couple of guys hold up a screen whilst I changed into my clown costume. Then a make up demonstration resulting in me in full clown slap. After this I showed off a few props and had a few folk out to try their hand.
The last part was audience participation under the pretext of a clowning masterclass. We did feather balancing, musical chairs, a clown band, marshmallow eating and as the grand finale, a custard pie demo. Unfortunately this went terribly wrong and the only one who got pied was me, several times! ( or perhaps this was the plan? )
We ended up with a mass clown dance before I took a bow and retired.
It was all great fun and I had loads of very positive feedback afterwards. It seems that most people really enjoyed themselves.
Hazel and I were the last to leave as we had lots of people coming up to talk to us so we couldn’t pack up until they’d all gone.
A very good night, though late home, after 1am.
Jolly Good Productions
- An Entertaining Life
- Birthday Party Clown
- Chuckle The Clown | Interview
- Why You should Never Forget Your Trousers
- A tribute to Michael Polakovs “Coco” a brilliant clown
- What is an ” AUGUSTE ” clown?
- Entertaining Pre School Age Children At A Birthday Party
- Why Do We Like Clowns So Much ?
- Laughter is the Best Medicine: The Health Benefits of Humor
- What can politicians learn from the clowns?
- Amazing Clown Birthday Cake
- Don’t see a doctor see a clown!
- What Is A Character Clown?
- History Of Clowns
- How To Make Yourself Feel Better
- Good Old Fashioned Fun!
- Do You Suffer From Wind?
- Kid’s Shows Inside Or Out?
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair
- Storytelling | Are Fables Relevant Today?
- Joel’s Amazing Pirate Cakes
- Holiday Club Ideas | Circus Day
- The Buck Inn, Maunby
- Ripon Festival Spring Fair 2011
- Jolly Good Fun At RAF Waddington
- Mr Punch’s 350th Birthday Party
- Free Business Directory
- How to plan a Children’s Christmas Party
- Deer Shed Festival Has Balldersby Bopping
- Northfields Shopping Centre, Birmingham, Fun Day
- Mr Punch’s Xmas Party
- Book interactive stilt walkers for hire in London
- York Visit Kindles Minster Wedding Memories
- Christmas Costume Characters In Action
- Georgian Punch and Judy
- British Legion Day, Stockton, June 2011
- Children’s Encyclopedia Britannica Problem | Help Wanted
- Outdoor Events | Do I Need A Wet Weather Plan ?
- Advertise Your Event For Free
- Pirate Themed Birthday Cake
- Village Halls Near Richmond, North Yorks
- Punch and Judy in Durham
- Punch And Judy Show Shocks Adult Audience
- How to make a chocolate cake in four minutes!
- Thorp Perrow Circus Mayhem
- Great Yorkshire Show Is Expensive!
- How To Draw Attention To Your Store Opening
- Ingredients For A Good Children’s Entertainer
- How To Entertain Older Kids
- Tractor Birthday Cake
- The Seaside Comes To Barnsley!
- August Bank Holiday Events
- Morley RUFC Royal Wedding Event
- King Custard Puppet Show Review
- Face Painter, Kenilworth
- Face Painter, Coventry
- Face Painting, Leamington Spa
- Independant Safeguarding Authority Rules Announced
- Face Painter, Warwick
- Face Painter, Birmingham
- Frank Watson Kiddies Roundabouts For Hire
- Face Painting | Teamwork Counts!
- Clown Commercial Tickles Walmart Customers Funny Bones
- Christmas Puppet Show
- Lady Children’s Entertainer, Richmond ( North Yorkshire )
- Face Painter, Catterick Garrison
- Christmas Is A Pain In The B**!
- Royal Quays Star Wars Piece
- Bill Tarmey And Me
- Not Quite The Grand National
- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer | Hire
- Parties For Girls
- Bucking Bull Beats Beastly Weather!
- Beighton Gala with Mr Punch
- Punch And Judy Kissing Is No Laughing Matter
- Free Children’s Show, Christmas Eve | Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Wedding Magician, North Yorkshire
- Bedale ( North Yorks ) Jubilee Party | 3rd June 2012
- Punch And Judy Visit Historic Northumberland
- Traditional Amusements | Chair O Plane Ride
- Victorian Punch and Judy Show
- Genuine Laughter
- The Stockton Summer Show And Why I’ve Gone Right Off Jazz Singers
- Mr Punch and The Barrel Organ
- Punch and Judy Man, County Durham
- Cyrenians at Blagdon Estate
- Wolsingham Gala 2015
- Children’s Entertainer Tent | What Type, What Size?
- Bouncy Castle Safety
- Face Painting Course
- Children’s Entertainer | Right And Wrong Way To Book
- Is a Bouncy Castle a dream or a nightmare ?
- Whitburn Hall Hire