Race Night Organisation
Race Card For A Race Night
The Race Night Organiser needs to produce a Race Card for the event.
Race Cards can either be handed to people as they arrive at the venue or more usually put out on the tables for people to peruse once they are settled in.
The Race Card gives the following information :
- Names of the horses
- The number of the horse
- The name of the owner
It may also include the name of the jockey
If the horses have been sold in advance it is customary to invite the owner to come up with a funny ” name ” which is then published on the Race Card.
For corporate events members of staff may be invited to name the horses or they could be named after things to do with the business.
Also on the Race Card will be :
- The Race Number
- The Title of that Race ie ” The Ron Wood Handicap Hurdles “
- The prize for the person who owns the winning horse
At a charity event the name is usually chosen by the Sponsor and at corporate events it is often given a name related to a part of the business, a well known executive or perhaps an important customer.
Advertising for the sponsor should also be included if possible.
Here is an example of a Race Card produced by Haxby United FC for their Race Night. They produced an A5 booklet with one race per page.
Race Card ( Races 4 and 5 )
Here is the outside front and back cover. The inside can contain more advertising or information about your organisation, future events etc. If it contains useful information people will take it home with them and so it will have residual value to.
Race Card, front and back cover, A5
For more information about planning a Race Night, go to the main Jolly Good Productions site and type Race Night in the search box. This will bring up relevant pages including a page about how to run a race night.
Jolly Good Productions
- Race Night Tips For A Racing Certainty
- Race Night Profits Explained
- Race Night Tips | Running The Tote
- Top Tips for Race Night Success
- Corporate Entertainment Is New Branch For Tree Pub
- How To Pack Them In On A Charity Race Night!
- Race Night Success
- Not Quite The Grand National
- Grand National Winner Supports Race Night Fund Raiser
- Green Howards Join Up To Help Toby
- Magic Show For Magic Family
- Why You should Never Forget Your Trousers
- Puppet King For Wolverhampton
- Christmas Show For Your Xmas Party
- Why Hire a Professional Face Painter?
- Christmas Eve, FREE Show!
- Race Night Winning Formula
- Wynyard Hall Gardens
- Butterfly Face by Hazel Wood
- Face Painting For Beginners
- Flowers and Rainbow Faces | Face Painting by Hazel Wood
- More Face Painting Tips For Your Event
- Hartlepool Tall Ships Will Be Jolly Good Fun | TV Commercial
- Wensleydale Show 2010
- Deer Shed Festival Has Balldersby Bopping
- Bill Tarmey And Me
- Jolly Good Fun For Army Kids
- Mayor For A Minute
- It’s Magic! Coins and Cards by Ron Wood
- Prescot Shopping Centre
- Festive Balloons
- Mr Punch’s Xmas Party
- Christmas Craft Workshop
- Pants In The Park In Gateshead 2010
- Lady Children’s Entertainer, Richmond ( North Yorkshire )
- Punch and Judy Man, County Durham
- Pregnant ‘Bump Painting’
- Redcar Christmas Light Switch On 2010
- First Xmas Show Of 2010
- Why Everyone Loves A Pirate Theme Party
- Time Planning Tips
- Party Tips For Mums And Dads
- Christmas Eve Show, Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Christmas Puppet Show
- Cracking Cake Caper Caps Kids Commotion!
- Have You Ever Been Bubbled?
- Balloon Santa Claus
- Punch And Judy Shows Are Not All The Same!
- How To Plan A Charity Or Community Event With No Funding
- How To Get More People To Attend Your Event
- Shooting Gallery Is Bang On Target
- Night At The Museum | Balloon Modelling
- Face Painting Tips 1
- Who Do You Think You Are Mr Punch?
- Raptor Conservation Static Bird of Prey Display
- Live Crocodile To Star In Punch And Judy Show
- Bubble Trouble At Birthday Bash
- Birthday Party Venue Is Magic
- Birthday Party Magic
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- Oblivion | Funny Film By Spoke
- Ricky Gervais In Celebrity Lullabies
- Paul Storey’s Funny Duck
- Clown Commercial Tickles Walmart Customers Funny Bones
- In Store Entertainment That Works!
- Ingredients For A Good Children’s Entertainer
- Ring on a String
- Do You Suffer From Wind?
- Mind Body and Spirit Event
- Children’s Entertainer | Right And Wrong Way To Book
- How To Get Even More People To Attend Your Event!
- Eye Catching Entrances
- National Play Day, Meridian Park, Cleethorpes
- Punch And Judy And Why Size Matters!
- Unusual Attraction Draws The Crowds
- Book interactive stilt walkers for hire in London
- Adam’s Crazy Caricatures!
- Malton Show 2015
- Teesdale Alpacas
- Falconry UK
- Face Painter, Warwick
- Face Painting, Leamington Spa
- Face Painter, Coventry
- Face Painter, Kenilworth
- Face Painter, Birmingham
- Race for Life
- Alnwick Lions Family Fun Day
- Ferret Racing
- Advertise Your Event For Free
- Genuine Laughter
- Punch And Judy Kissing Is No Laughing Matter
- Great Broughton Village Hall
- What Makes A Good Father Christmas?