Image via Wikipedia
Knowing how many people are likely to attend is always a problem for event organisers. Unfortunately there is no easy answer to the problem. I have been involved in entertainment and event planning for such a long time that I have given up trying to predict what will happen on the day.
Selling tickets in advance is a good idea. At least you are getting some revenue in and you have a rough idea of numbers from ticket sales.
Having a well know celebrity to be in attendance also works well. Unfortunately this can be expensive unless they happen to be a local person who is willing to help their community.
Prize draws can be an incentive especialy if you are able to get some really good prizes donated. Obviously the bigger the better. It’s important to make sure everyone knows well in advance that there is a chance to win something special but make sure the BIG prize is only on offer to folks who are actually at the event. You have to be there to have a chance to win the STAR PRIZE.
Involve the local newspapers and radio. They are always interested in what’s going on. Try and think of something unusual that you could make a good story. There will be lots of other people feeding information into the news room so try and give them something that stands out from the rest.
If you are looking to attract families then consider involving the local schools. Approach Head teachers and ask if you could run a competition with prizes for the best picture, model or story. The school will probably be happy to link in with you on this because it is an incentive for the children to be creative. Have the judging and prize giving on the day as this will encourage families to turn up.
Set up a Facebook page for your event. It’s easy to do and then ask everyone involved to ” like” and “share” the page. Make regular posts to tell people what’s going on.
Finally make the most of any FREE advertising you can find. The more advertising you can do the better.
Have you found any really good ways of attracting people to events? Share your ideas here.
- Ticket Tailor Allows Event Organisers to Sell Tickets On-Line Without Paying Booking Fees (prweb.com)
- Five Fundraising Tips: Estimating the Number of Guests (vivanista.com)
- 11 Biggest Event Planning Mistakes [Hedd “Events” Adams-Lewis] (ecademy.com)
Jolly Good Productions
- How To Get Even More People To Attend Your Event!
- Family Fun Day Entertainment Tips | Site Layout
- Punch And Judy And Why Size Matters!
- Children’s Entertainer Tent | What Type, What Size?
- In Store Entertainment That Works!
- How To Plan A Charity Or Community Event With No Funding
- Our Favourite Crepe Man
- How To Attract Attention To Your Stand
- Outdoor Events | Do I Need A Wet Weather Plan ?
- Kid’s Shows Inside Or Out?
- Time Planning Tips
- Circus Workshop Plan For An Event
- Ingredients For A Good Children’s Entertainer
- Balloon Decoration Tips For Your Wedding Reception
- CRB Checks, What Are The Rules?
- How To Draw Attention To Your Store Opening
- Independant Safeguarding Authority Rules Announced
- Face Painting | Event Planning Tips
- Free Business Directory
- Bouncy Castle Safety
- Eye Catching Entrances
- Children’s Entertainment Can Be A Real Hoot
- Race Night Profits Explained
- Jolly Good Productions Links To Main Pages
- Party Tips For Mums And Dads
- Theme Party Ideas
- Race for Life
- Race Night Tips | Running The Tote
- Boomwackers Are Fun
- Free Prize Draw
- Why Hire a Professional Face Painter?
- Race Night Race Card Example
- Christmas Eve Show, Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Hawes Gala 2012 Was No wash Out!
- Hold An Eagle Owl For Three Pounds
- Face Painter, Kenilworth
- Face Painter, Birmingham
- Face Painter, Coventry
- Face Painter, Warwick
- Face Painting, Leamington Spa
- The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Clock
- Steve Martin – The Great Flydini
- Chuckle The Clown | Interview
- Motivational Workshops
- Great Yorkshire Show Is Expensive!
- Escomb Village Hall
- Borrowby Village Hall
- Oblivion | Funny Film By Spoke
- Christmas Balloons
- Ring on a String
- Do You Suffer From Wind?
- Leyburn 1940’s weekend
- Why You should Never Forget Your Trousers
- Close Up Magic Or Acting?
- Malton Show 2015
- Border Stick Dressers Association
- Falconry UK
- The Cutest Thing You’ve Ever Seen!
- Teesdale Alpacas
- The Ripon Hornblower
- Advertise Your Event For Free
- Line Dancing Classes in Bedale, North Yorkshire
- Ricky Gervais In Celebrity Lullabies
- Hartlepool Tall Ships Will Be Jolly Good Fun | TV Commercial
- British Legion Day, Stockton, June 2011
- Hazel Gets Them In Line!
- Wilson Centre, Long Newton, Stockton On Tees
- What Makes A Good Father Christmas?
- “Frozen” Christmas Party Balloon Display
- Mr Punch and the Padre
- Raptor Conservation Static Bird of Prey Display
- Wolsingham Gala 2015
- Learn Ballroom Dancing, Latin And Sequence Dancing At Snape Institute
- Line Dancing Classes
- Face Painting Course | July 2012
- Zumba, Why Is It So Popular?
- The Secret Millionaire
- Bill Tarmey And Me
- Punch And Judy | 350th Anniversary Celebrations
- Who Do You Think You Are Mr Punch?
- Mr Punch’s Big Birthday Bash
- As Pleased As Punch!
- Irreverent Punch At Student Party
- Ripon Jubilee Celebrations
- World’s longest-running Punch and Judy show notches up 150 years | Mail Online
- Night At The Museum | Balloon Modelling
- Mr Punch’s 350th Birthday Party
- Stilt Walker Gives Guests A Big Welcome
- Jolly Good Fun At RAF Waddington
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- Hire A Vintage Fairground Ride
- More Face Painting Tips For Your Event
- Urinals You Have Just Got To See!