Tadcaster and Wetherby Young Farmers Race Night (Photo credit: ronwooduk)
Race Night Attendance
The problem with organizng any kind of event is that you never know how many people are going to turn up. Race Nights are no exception.
If you are trying to raise money by holding a Race Night then you need to get as many people as you can to come along and spend some money. It’s no good leaving it to chance. Putting a few posters out and selling a few tickets is ok. Laying on food helps too. What you really need is an angle.
One of the busiest Race Nights I ever did was for the local football club in Brough, Cumbria. The committee had sweet talked somebody into donating quite a few crates of wine. They were able to offer FREE wine for the first hour. The place was packed. They were literally like sardines in a can.
Another great way to ensure lots of folk turn up is to try and combine the Race Night with some other important event. A presentation of prizes, awards ceremony, AGM etc. If possible have at least four races at the beginning of the evening as some people may not stay until the end.
You could also try to find a local celebrity to turn up to endorse the event, perhaps give an introduction and sign autographs etc. The more popular and well known the better.
Offering the chance to win an amazing prize can also be effective. It needs to be something really special and it needs to well advertised. Don’t say when the draw will take place only that it will be at some point during the evening and you must be there to have a chance to win.
These are just a few ideas. Put your imaginations to work and see if you can come up with something really exciting. If you want to ” pack em in ” then offering an attractive incentive is a great idea.
Let me know if you have come up with any great ideas for getting lots of people to come and support your Race Nights. Comments and questions are welcome.
For a FREE Race Night Quotation please use this Enquiry Form.
Race Night Profits Explained
Race Night Tips: Running The Tote
Jolly Good Productions
- Race Night Tips For A Racing Certainty
- Race Night Race Card Example
- Top Tips for Race Night Success
- Not Quite The Grand National
- Race Night Tips | Running The Tote
- Race Night Success
- Race Night Profits Explained
- Grand National Winner Supports Race Night Fund Raiser
- Green Howards Join Up To Help Toby
- Corporate Entertainment Is New Branch For Tree Pub
- Race Night Winning Formula
- Advertise Your Event For Free
- Motivational Workshops
- Slide Show | Feature Packed And FREE
- How To Plan A Charity Or Community Event With No Funding
- Ripon Festival Spring Fair 2011
- Leyburn Primary School Summer Fair, May 2010
- Morley RUFC Royal Wedding Event
- National Play Day, Meridian Park, Cleethorpes
- Join The Cavy Club If You Love Little Furry Animals
- The Stadium Of Light, Sunderland
- Holiday Club Ideas | Circus Day
- Falconry UK
- Malton Show 2015
- Mayor For A Minute
- Get Some Christmas Cheer
- How to plan a Children’s Christmas Party
- Tyre Event Is Anything But Tiring!
- How I Made My Twitter Background
- How Long Will New Play Park Last?
- Zumba, Why Is It So Popular?
- Rushden Christmas Light Switch On 2014
- Cardboard Castles | Fab Fun For Kids!
- Balloon Modelling | Anxiety And Frustration For Parents
- Mr Punch’s Big Birthday Bash
- Holiday Club Ideas | Magic Day
- Athersley South Action Group Show How It’s Done!
- Mind Body and Spirit Event
- Wolves Workshops For Children Are Howling Success!
- Clown Commercial Tickles Walmart Customers Funny Bones
- Chuckle The Clown | Interview
- Christmas Is A Pain In The B**!
- Entertaining Pre School Age Children At A Birthday Party
- How To Attract Attention To Your Stand
- “Frozen” Christmas Party Balloon Display
- Dalton and Gayles Memorial Hall
- Mr Punch and the Padre
- Teesdale Alpacas
- Stockton Show, August 2013
- Wolsingham Gala 2015
- Who Do You Think You Are Mr Punch?
- Mr Punch and The Barrel Organ
- Hartlepool Tall Ships Will Be Jolly Good Fun | TV Commercial
- Alnwick Lions Family Fun Day
- Race for Life
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- Time Planning Tips
- Ferret Racing
- Ripon Jubilee Celebrations
- Great Yorkshire Show Is Expensive!
- Frank Watson Kiddies Roundabouts For Hire
- How to make a chocolate cake in four minutes!
- How To Make Yummy Yummy Chocolate Cookies
- The Seaside Comes To Barnsley!
- Thorp Perrow Circus Mayhem
- Pirate Cakes In Fabulous Fairy Castle
- Face Painting | Teamwork Counts!
- Wensleydale Show 2011
- Wensleydale Show 2010
- August Bank Holiday Events
- C673 Family Fun Day
- Party Food – How To Make A Cake Quick
- King Custard Puppet Show Review
- After Dinner Speaker Chuckle The Clown
- You Tube Free Video Downloader
- Memory Full, Baffling Computer Problem Solved
- Circus Workshop Plan For An Event
- The “Old Hoss” Of Richmond
- Bags Of Fun
- Free Business Directory
- Jolly Good Fun For Army Kids
- Punch And Judy May Fayre, Covent Garden
- The Crook Town Festival Of Music
- How To Draw Attention To Your Store Opening
- Bubble Trouble At Birthday Bash
- Face Painting Tips 4
- Free Children’s Show, Christmas Eve | Richmond, North Yorkshire
- In Store Entertainment That Works!
- Free Prize Draw
- Laughter is the Best Medicine: The Health Benefits of Humor
- Christmas Eve, FREE Show!
- Wedding Magician, North Yorkshire
- Face Painting Course