Newbiggin Maritime Centre, Northumberland
Punch and Judy Show
A brand new maritime centre was opened to the public at the weekend.The new purpose built facility cellebrates the history of Newbiggin as a traditional seaside resort. The quaint little seaside town is close to Ashington and is also easily reached from Newcastle and surrounding areas. It has long since been a popular place to visit for fresh air and fun. The centre houses interesting displays and exhibits relating to local culture and history.
Lifeboat “The Mary Joicey”
One of the main exhibits is the fully restored lifeboat the RNLB Mary Joicey, a fine example of this type of lifeboat which was designed to be able to go out to sea in all weathers and perform rescues well away from shore. Today these vessels are obsolete as nearly all modern lifeboats are of the inflatable type because most rescue work is carried out in inshore waters. The inflatables are also much faster and more manouverable. They are also able to get into shallow water and to get close to cliff faces when people get trapped by incoming tides.
The Mary Joicey is a proud reminder of the courage and fortitude of the brave lifeboat crews past and present who put
The Mary Joicey
their own lives at risk saving others.
As well as the exhibition area the new centre also has an excellent cafe with a very good menu including delicious snacks
and some very nice seafood specialities too. The cafe has a large glass front offering good views across the bay. It’s an ideal place to relax and enjoy the comings and goings of the fishing boats to watch people out to enjoy the pleasures of the seaside.
The opening of the centre was marked by a ” Seaside Day ” with entertainment of all kinds on the beach and along the promenade. There was Face Painting, , costume characters, Punch and Judy, a steel band, sand castle building competitions, stilt walkers, victorian people ( actors ), chuggy boats ( swing boats ), fairground rides, pony rides, ice cream and refreshments too. The sunshine brought the crowds out and by the afternoon the prom was packed and everyone, young and old was having a great time.
Great place for a day out!
If you are looking for a nice place to go for a day out in Northumberland then do add Newbiggin to your itinerary. The
Seagulls and Girl Pirate Stilt Walkers
Maritime Centre is an interesting place to visit, the beach is perfect for the children and I heartily recommend the local fish and chips.
Jolly Good Productions
- How To Build A Beach At Your Event
- Punch And Judy Visit Historic Northumberland
- Ripon Seaside Day 2011
- Cyrenians at Blagdon Estate
- Yorkshire Punch And Judy Man
- Monkwearmouth Museum Gets Thumbs Up From Mr Punch
- Irreverent Punch At Student Party
- The Seaside Comes To Barnsley!
- Jolly Good Fun At RAF Waddington
- Hartlepool Tall Ships Will Be Jolly Good Fun | TV Commercial
- The Romans Are Coming!
- The “Old Hoss” Of Richmond
- Hawes Gala | The Water Slide
- Northfields Shopping Centre, Birmingham, Fun Day
- Beighton Gala with Mr Punch
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair
- Stockton Show, August 2013
- Malton Show 2015
- Morley RUFC Royal Wedding Event
- Ripon Jubilee Celebrations
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair 2011
- Wolsingham Gala 2015
- Alnwick Lions Family Fun Day
- British Legion Day, Stockton, June 2011
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- The Stockton Summer Show And Why I’ve Gone Right Off Jazz Singers
- How To Get Even More People To Attend Your Event!
- Falconry UK
- The Creepy Crawly Show | Children’s Entertainment
- The Stadium Of Light, Sunderland
- Coronation Street Star In Wensleydale
- Leyburn Primary School Summer Fair, May 2010
- Athersley South Action Group Show How It’s Done!
- Thorp Perrow Circus Mayhem
- Punch, Fire And Crafty Goings On Delight Visitors At Top Museum
- Deer Shed Festival Has Balldersby Bopping
- Great Yorkshire Show Is Expensive!
- Georgian Fair, Beamish Museum
- Pants In The Park In Gateshead 2010
- Wynyard Hall Gardens
- National Play Day, Meridian Park, Cleethorpes
- Wensleydale Show 2010
- Wensleydale Show 2011
- Bedale ( North Yorks ) Jubilee Party | 3rd June 2012
- How Long Will New Play Park Last?
- Ponteland Party in the Park, 2017
- Brighouse Victorian Christmas Festival 2013
- Redcar Christmas Light Switch On 2010
- Christmas Eve Show, Richmond, North Yorkshire
- The Secret Millionaire
- Bill Tarmey And Me
- Hawes Gala 2012 Was No wash Out!
- Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt 2011 | Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Jubilee Events | Jolly Good Productions
- Join The Cavy Club If You Love Little Furry Animals
- Why Everyone Loves A Pirate Theme Party
- Frank Watson Kiddies Roundabouts For Hire
- Memory Games Do Work
- Magic And Monkey Business At Hartlepool Rovers
- Balloon Santa Claus
- Face Painting | Health And Safety
- The importance of working with a clean face painting kit
- “Frozen” Christmas Party Balloon Display
- Face Painting In The Big Freeze
- Shooting Gallery Is Bang On Target
- Balloon Decorating
- Face Painting Tips 2
- Magic Show For Magic Family
- Face Painting Tips 7
- Bucking Bull Beats Beastly Weather!
- Prescot Shopping Centre
- Holy Family Parish Centre, Darlington
- Wilson Centre, Long Newton, Stockton On Tees
- Children’s Centre Activity Day Feedback
- Puppet King For Wolverhampton
- Birthday Party Venue Is Magic
- Eldon Community Centre
- Mr Punch and The Barrel Organ
- Punch and Judy in Durham
- Punch Fan Finds Fun Come Rain Or Sun!
- August Bank Holiday Events
- Punch and the Devil
- Mr Punch | Breaking News!
- Punch and Judy | A Short History
- Do You Suffer From Wind?
- Measuring Job Satisfaction
- Victorian Punch and Judy Show
- Punch Arrested!
- World’s longest-running Punch and Judy show notches up 150 years | Mail Online
- As Pleased As Punch!
- The Buck Inn, Maunby
- Punch And Judy | 350th Anniversary Celebrations
- Mr Punch and the Padre