Image by RayMorris1 via Flickr
The best country show in Yorkshire!
One of the events I always look forward to is the Wensleydale Show which takes place just outside of Leyburn, North Yorkshireon the Saturday of the August Bank Holiday weekend.
For anyone interested in rural life, farming and the countryside there can be no better show to visit. A walk round the numerous stalls, exhibitions and displays is not only interesting but also highly educational.
I am always fascinated by the wonderful displays of vintage farm machinery, tractors, vehicles, tools and particularly the old steam engines. The latter have all been carefully restored and maintained so that they are in full working order.
Food and Drink
For those who enjoy eating there is endless variety. There are lots of quality fast food vans offering burgers, hot dog, chips, tea and coffee. There are also many stalls selling home-made food, cakes, pies, preserves for those wishing to purchase a treat to take home with them.
There is an ongoing programme of entertainment in the main arena throughout the day. This year featured all the regulars such as the vintage cars, fox hounds from the Bedale Hunt, dog agility, sheep dog displays etc. The main arena is a great place to sit and relax and watch the various acts and displays.
As usual there was plenty to keep the little ones entertained. There were bouncy castles, a massive inflatable slide, go karts, trampolines, kiddies rides and of course Punch and Judy.
The weather was kind for most of the day although we did get wet later in the afternoon. The photos below give an idea of the many different things to see and do. A great day out, can’t wait for next year.
Jolly Good Productions
- Wensleydale Show 2010
- Do You Suffer From Wind?
- CRB Checks, What Are The Rules?
- Time Planning Tips
- Traditional Amusements | Chair O Plane Ride
- The Stockton Summer Show And Why I’ve Gone Right Off Jazz Singers
- August Bank Holiday Events
- Leyburn Primary School Summer Fair, May 2010
- Family Fun Day Entertainment Tips | Site Layout
- Ripon Seaside Day 2011
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- Thorp Perrow Circus Mayhem
- Great Yorkshire Show Is Expensive!
- Coronation Street Star In Wensleydale
- Alnwick Lions Family Fun Day
- Pants In The Park In Gateshead 2010
- The Seaside Comes To Barnsley!
- Morley RUFC Royal Wedding Event
- ‘Spring Into Magic’ Family theatre show.
- Ripon Festival Spring Fair 2011
- Walby Farm Park
- Punch Fan Finds Fun Come Rain Or Sun!
- Beighton Gala with Mr Punch
- Christmas Eve Show, Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Ripon Jubilee Celebrations
- Jubilee Events | Jolly Good Productions
- Frank Watson Kiddies Roundabouts For Hire
- Shooting Gallery With Moving Targets!
- Party Tips For Mums And Dads
- Pirate Cakes In Fabulous Fairy Castle
- Party Food – How To Make A Cake Quick
- How to make a chocolate cake in four minutes!
- Methodist Church Hall, Scorton
- How To Build A Beach At Your Event
- Get Some Christmas Cheer
- Georgian Fair, Beamish Museum
- Hawes Gala | The Water Slide
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair
- Cyrenians at Blagdon Estate
- Wolsingham Gala 2015
- Hartlepool Tall Ships Will Be Jolly Good Fun | TV Commercial
- Athersley South Action Group Show How It’s Done!
- Monkwearmouth Museum Gets Thumbs Up From Mr Punch
- Stockton Show, August 2013
- Brighouse Victorian Christmas Festival 2013
- Northfields Shopping Centre, Birmingham, Fun Day
- Deer Shed Festival Has Balldersby Bopping
- Malton Show 2015
- Jolly Good Fun At RAF Waddington
- Wynyard Hall Gardens
- Punch, Fire And Crafty Goings On Delight Visitors At Top Museum
- Irreverent Punch At Student Party
- Hawes Gala 2012 Was No wash Out!
- Newbiggin Maritime Centre | Seaside Day
- The Romans Are Coming!
- British Legion Day, Stockton, June 2011
- National Play Day, Meridian Park, Cleethorpes
- Redcar Christmas Light Switch On 2010
- Bill Tarmey And Me
- The Secret Millionaire
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair 2011
- Ponteland Party in the Park, 2017
- How Long Will New Play Park Last?
- Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt 2011 | Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Bedale ( North Yorks ) Jubilee Party | 3rd June 2012
- Mr Punch and the Padre
- Race Night Winning Formula
- Hire A Vintage Fairground Ride
- Hen Party | Plucking Up Fun!
- Line Dancing Classes
- Spring Into Magic.
- Face Painting Tips 5
- Theme Party Ideas
- Victorian Punch and Judy Show
- Prescot Shopping Centre
- The Crook Town Festival Of Music
- Holiday Club Ideas | Circus Day
- Is Twitter A Complete Waste Of Time?
- Unusual Attraction Draws The Crowds
- Punch And Judy Show Shocks Adult Audience
- Holiday Club Ideas | Magic Day
- Georgian Punch and Judy
- Children’s Centre Activity Day Feedback
- Storytelling | Are Fables Relevant Today?
- Ring on a String
- Mr Punch’s 350th Birthday Party
- Punch And Judy Visit Historic Northumberland
- Bags Of Fun
- Cakes To Die For
- Birthday Cake Ideas
- Tractor Birthday Cake
- Joel’s Amazing Pirate Cakes
- Cracking Cake Caper Caps Kids Commotion!