A great family day out!
What a fantastic event Stockton Council events team put on for local people over the August Bank Holiday weekend. There was something for everyone to enjoy. Hazel and I were there set up in the big craft marquee. I performed Punch and Judy and Magic Shows and Hazel delighted the kids with her amazing face painting.
The event took returned to its original venue at Preston Park. Last year it had to be held down by the river near the Tees Barrage but the site was very exposed and high winds caused havoc. Preston Park is a much better location for the show. It’s a popular place to visit and there is plenty of space, good parking and pleasant surroundings.
The event took place over three days and there were shows and displays going on in the main area constantly. The children loved the Knights of the Crusades and the Cumberland Giants but the crowd also really enjoyed the Fun Dog Show which included Most Handsome Dog, Scruffiest Dog, Waggiest Tail, Most Obedient Dog and Fancy Dress. The football competitions were also well supported.
There was of course a host of side shows, inflatables, rides, tombola stalls and a complete fun fair plus a circus with it’s own big top.
Wet and Windy!
Unfortunately the weather for the Saturday and Sunday was wet and windy which probably put a lot of people off coming. I think we were all hoping for glorious sun shine instead things were damp and blustery with a bit of sun shine now and then. The best day was Bank Holiday Monday when the sun was shining and the gate picked up.
Why I’ve gone right off jazz singers
I had some lovely audiences for all of my shows but on Monday there was also a lady jazz singer performing in the little park behind the craft marquee where I was set up. I did two Punch and Judy Shows and each time I had just started my show when the jazz singer came on and drowned me out. She was playing over the main public address system and I only had my usual little portable speaker. I felt robbed as I had about sixty or seventy people watching me and she only had about twelve round the bandstand. Still, I suppose she was entertaining the entire show ground and perhaps not everyone is a Punch and Judy fan. Ah well.
Jolly Good Productions
- August Bank Holiday Events
- Stockton Show, August 2013
- British Legion Day, Stockton, June 2011
- Wynyard Hall Gardens
- Wensleydale Show 2011
- Athersley South Action Group Show How It’s Done!
- National Play Day, Meridian Park, Cleethorpes
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- Wensleydale Show 2010
- Punch Fan Finds Fun Come Rain Or Sun!
- Great Yorkshire Show Is Expensive!
- Jolly Good Fun At RAF Waddington
- Alnwick Lions Family Fun Day
- The Seaside Comes To Barnsley!
- Deer Shed Festival Has Balldersby Bopping
- Theme Party Ideas
- How Long Will New Play Park Last?
- Pants In The Park In Gateshead 2010
- Punch, Fire And Crafty Goings On Delight Visitors At Top Museum
- Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt 2011 | Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Punch And Judy Show Shocks Adult Audience
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair 2011
- Cyrenians at Blagdon Estate
- Morley RUFC Royal Wedding Event
- Beighton Gala with Mr Punch
- Thorp Perrow Circus Mayhem
- Jubilee Events | Jolly Good Productions
- Ponteland Party in the Park, 2017
- Holiday Club Ideas | Circus Day
- Hawes Gala | The Water Slide
- Northfields Shopping Centre, Birmingham, Fun Day
- Wolsingham Gala 2015
- Malton Show 2015
- Ripon Seaside Day 2011
- Monkwearmouth Museum Gets Thumbs Up From Mr Punch
- Ripon Jubilee Celebrations
- Newbiggin Maritime Centre | Seaside Day
- Irreverent Punch At Student Party
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair
- Christmas Craft Workshop
- Hen Party | Plucking Up Fun!
- Thornaby’s Hidden Secret
- Circus Workshop Plan For An Event
- Hawes Gala 2012 Was No wash Out!
- Christmas Eve Show, Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Hartlepool Tall Ships Will Be Jolly Good Fun | TV Commercial
- Victorian Punch and Judy Show
- Georgian Punch and Judy
- Line Dancing Classes
- Children’s Centre Activity Day Feedback
- As Pleased As Punch!
- Face Painting Tips 5
- Do You Suffer From Wind?
- Holiday Club Ideas | Magic Day
- Christmas Costume Characters In Action
- Who Do You Think You Are Mr Punch?
- Jolly Good Productions Links To Main Pages
- The Romans Are Coming!
- Leyburn Primary School Summer Fair, May 2010
- Brighouse Victorian Christmas Festival 2013
- Bedale ( North Yorks ) Jubilee Party | 3rd June 2012
- Coronation Street Star In Wensleydale
- Georgian Fair, Beamish Museum
- The Secret Millionaire
- Redcar Christmas Light Switch On 2010
- Bill Tarmey And Me
- Good Old Fashioned Fun!
- Ripon Festival Spring Fair 2011
- Kid’s Shows Inside Or Out?
- How To Attract Attention To Your Stand
- Desert Rats, Treasure And Redcar
- Unusual Attraction Draws The Crowds
- Prescot Shopping Centre
- Wilson Centre, Long Newton, Stockton On Tees
- Stockton Toys And Gifts
- The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Clock
- Genuine Laughter
- Measuring Job Satisfaction
- ‘Spring Into Magic’ Family theatre show.
- East Harlsey Village Hall
- Whitburn Hall Hire
- Children’s Entertainer Tent | What Type, What Size?
- After Dinner Speaker Chuckle The Clown
- Gerry Anderson Tribute
- Is Twitter A Complete Waste Of Time?
- The Crook Town Festival Of Music
- How To Entertain Older Kids
- Cardboard Castles | Fab Fun For Kids!
- More Face Painting Tips For Your Event
- Mind Body and Spirit Event
- Face Painting For A Party Or Event By Hazel Wood
- Festive Balloons
- Face Painter, Catterick Garrison