Workshops for children
Event planners are always looking for something different to put on for children’s entertainment at big events. I came across a great idea whilst working at an event in Lincolnshire last summer. It was a drop in workshop for kids involving oodles of poster paint and lots of flat pack cardboard buildings.
The organizers had fenced off a large, flat grassed area and set it up as a kind of cardboard city with various cardboard castles and buildings. They had staff supervising who were handing out pots of paint and paint brushes to the kids. The children could then go and express their creativity on the buildings. The result was a kaleidoscope of colour as paint was daubed everywhere.
I had expected to see a lot of very messy kids, covered from head to foot in paint but that was no the case. In fact I didn’t see anyone in a pickle. Parents were happy and the children loved it.
Wet weather plan
In case of wet or windy weather there was also a big marquee with more buildings to paint inside plus other craft activities too. It’s worth bearing this in mind if you’re thinking of doing this as the cardboard would blow away if it was windy and probably turn into a soggy mess if it rained.
Jolly Good Productions
- Christmas Craft Workshop
- Holiday Club Ideas | Magic Day
- How To Entertain Older Kids
- Motivational Workshops
- Children’s Centre Activity Day Feedback
- Paul Storey’s Funny Duck
- Holiday Club Ideas | Circus Day
- Who To Invite To A Children’s Party
- Wolves Workshops For Children Are Howling Success!
- Lady Children’s Entertainer, Richmond ( North Yorkshire )
- Parties For Girls
- The Creepy Crawly Show | Children’s Entertainment
- Christmas Puppet Show
- Ingredients For A Good Children’s Entertainer
- Face Painting Tips 1
- How To Avoid Face Paint Peril For Parents | Face Painting Advice
- Night At The Museum | Balloon Modelling
- Bucking Bull Beats Beastly Weather!
- Boomwackers Are Fun
- Donkey Rides
- Bouncy Castle Safety
- Great Yorkshire Show Is Expensive!
- Family Fun Day Entertainment Tips | Site Layout
- Alnwick Lions Family Fun Day
- Slide Show | Feature Packed And FREE
- Morley RUFC Royal Wedding Event
- The importance of working with a clean face painting kit
- Deer Shed Festival Has Balldersby Bopping
- Traditional Amusements | Chair O Plane Ride
- Why Everyone Loves A Pirate Theme Party
- National Play Day, Meridian Park, Cleethorpes
- Face Painting | Health And Safety
- Balloon Modelling | Anxiety And Frustration For Parents
- Children’s Encyclopedia Britannica Problem | Help Wanted
- Redcar Christmas Light Switch On 2010
- Is a Bouncy Castle a dream or a nightmare ?
- Children’s Entertainment Can Be A Real Hoot
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- Jolly Good Productions Links To Main Pages
- Kids Say The Funniest Things
- Rushden Christmas Light Switch On 2014
- Memory Games Do Work
- Punch And Judy Show Shocks Adult Audience
- Kid’s Shows Inside Or Out?
- Face Painting | Teamwork Counts!
- Why You should Never Forget Your Trousers
- Circus Workshop Plan For An Event
- Face Painting Tips 8
- Face Painting Tips 2
- Puppet King For Wolverhampton
- Wynyard Hall Gardens
- Prescot Shopping Centre
- Birthday Party Magic
- Entertaining Pre School Age Children At A Birthday Party
- Free Children’s Show, Christmas Eve | Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Outdoor Events | Do I Need A Wet Weather Plan ?
- Stilt Walker Feedback
- Free Business Directory
- The Stadium Of Light, Sunderland
- Race Night Success
- Line Dancing Classes in Bedale, North Yorkshire
- Beighton Gala with Mr Punch
- Time Planning Tips
- The Cutest Thing You’ve Ever Seen!
- Ripon Festival Spring Fair 2011
- Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt 2011 | Chocolate Easter Eggs
- More Face Painting Tips For Your Event
- Independant Safeguarding Authority Rules Announced
- Amazing Clown Birthday Cake
- Wensleydale Show 2010
- Tractor Birthday Cake
- Pirate Cakes In Fabulous Fairy Castle
- An Entertaining Life
- Jolly Good Fun For Army Kids
- Athersley South Action Group Show How It’s Done!
- Monkwearmouth Museum Gets Thumbs Up From Mr Punch
- The Seaside Comes To Barnsley!
- How To Draw Attention To Your Store Opening
- Good Old Fashioned Fun!
- How To Attract Attention To Your Stand
- Jolly Good Fun At RAF Waddington
- Why Is Face Painting So Popular?
- Tips On Taking Photos Or Video At A Children’s Party
- Tyre Event Is Anything But Tiring!
- Face Painter, Catterick Garrison
- Royal Quays Star Wars Piece
- Face Painting | Event Planning Tips
- The Ripon Hornblower
- Punch and Judy Man, County Durham
- Coronation Street Star In Wensleydale
- Eyecatching Inflatable Slide
- The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Clock
- Children’s Entertainer Tent | What Type, What Size?