Magic for a Children’s Party
Magician and Children’s Entertainer
Children love magic and so hiring a magician for a Birthday Party is a great way to entertain them.
Once a parent would pick up the Yellow Pages and look up the Children’s Entertainers section where there would be a long list of kids entertainers and magicians offering their services. Today the first port of call is likely to be Google.
Of course children today are very sophisticated and they see such amazing things on TV and You Tube. If you type Magician into Google ( at the time of writing ) you will find a list of articles about the amazing Dynamo whose tag line is “Magician Impossible”. How does he do those incredible illusions? This got me thinking about the expectations of parents and children regarding Birthday Party Magic.
If you type “Magician, North Yorkshire”, or “Magician, Catterick Garrison” or “Magician, Richmond”, the chances are you will probably end up on my Birthday Party Magic Show page and be looking at me Ron Wood aka “Mr Jolly” rather than the famous Dynamo.
So what do people expect when they book a Magician / Kid’s Entertainer for a Birthday Party?
Mostly parents want the children to have a great time. They want to hire someone who is good with the kids, who is professional, organized, reliable and experienced. They are not too concerned about the actual content of the show and what tricks will be performed. They may ask if you include balloon modelling or party games. They may even request a particular routine that their child saw you perform at another party or event. They are certainly not expecting disappearing ladies, tigers jumping through hoops or famous people being levitated four feet off the ground.
Performing for children is an art in itself. Children like funny stuff. They love it when things go wrong. They like tricks which
Jubilee Magic Show (Photo credit: ronwooduk)
have a story attached to them and they love to join in.
A good children’s magic trick should:
- be straightforward and easy to follow
- use colorful props
- have some humor
- be part of a story
- include audience participation
- have a magical ending
Most important of all is the skill of the performer. An experienced children’s magician can engage and mezmerize an audience using the simplest of props.
Variety is the key
Children have fairly short attention spans and need to be kept interested. An endless string of magic tricks will not work. Variety is the key. A good children’s magic show includes other activities such as balloons, games, storytelling, puppets etc.
The ability to entertain and delight a group of children for sixty minutes is magic in itself.
Birthday Party Magic to me is not about individual tricks, its about being able to create a magical experience of excitement, fun and laughter. Bringing happiness and making happy memories which parents and children will look back on enjoy long after I have gone!
To Enquire about booking a Magic Show for your Children’s Party ask for a free quotation.
Jolly Good Productions
- It’s Magic! Coins and Cards by Ron Wood
- Close Up Magic Or Acting?
- Magic Show For Magic Family
- Magician’s Lemon Cheescake Recipe Is Magic
- Wedding Magician, North Yorkshire
- Have You Ever Been Bubbled?
- Entertaining Pre School Age Children At A Birthday Party
- Spring Into Magic.
- Prescot Shopping Centre
- Holiday Club Ideas | Magic Day
- Alnwick Lions Family Fun Day
- Birthday Party Venue Is Magic
- Magic And Monkey Business At Hartlepool Rovers
- Outdoor Events | Do I Need A Wet Weather Plan ?
- Bubble Trouble At Birthday Bash
- Live Crocodile To Star In Punch And Judy Show
- How To Entertain Older Kids
- Cracking Cake Caper Caps Kids Commotion!
- Methodist Church Hall, Scorton
- Lady Children’s Entertainer, Richmond ( North Yorkshire )
- Dalton and Gayles Memorial Hall
- Hunton Village Hall | North Yorkshire
- Paul Storey’s Funny Duck
- Free Children’s Show, Christmas Eve | Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Parties For Girls
- Raptor Conservation Static Bird of Prey Display
- Thirsk and Sowerby Town Hall
- Who To Invite To A Children’s Party
- Birthday Party Clown
- Party Tips For Mums And Dads
- Great Yorkshire Show Is Expensive!
- Thornaby’s Hidden Secret
- Village Halls Near Richmond, North Yorks
- Leyburn Primary School Summer Fair, May 2010
- Not Quite The Grand National
- Christmas Eve, FREE Show!
- ‘Spring Into Magic’ Family theatre show.
- Tips On Taking Photos Or Video At A Children’s Party
- Line Dancing Classes in Bedale, North Yorkshire
- Punch and Judy Man, County Durham
- Green Howards Join Up To Help Toby
- Christmas Eve Show, Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Bouncy Castle Safety
- Borrowby Village Hall
- Balloon Santa Claus
- Punch And Judy Shows Are Not All The Same!
- Bags Of Fun
- Balloon Modelling | Anxiety And Frustration For Parents
- The “Old Hoss” Of Richmond
- Genuine Laughter
- Is a Bouncy Castle a dream or a nightmare ?
- Newton Le Willows Village Hall
- Punch And Judy Show Shocks Adult Audience
- Children’s Entertainer | Right And Wrong Way To Book
- Jolly Good Productions Links To Main Pages
- As Pleased As Punch!
- Children’s Centre Activity Day Feedback
- Cardboard Castles | Fab Fun For Kids!
- Children’s Entertainment Can Be A Real Hoot
- Christmas Show For Your Xmas Party
- The Buck Inn, Maunby
- Night At The Museum | Balloon Modelling
- Kid’s Shows Inside Or Out?
- Children’s Entertainer Tent | What Type, What Size?
- Jubilee Events | Jolly Good Productions
- Ripon Jubilee Celebrations
- Beighton Gala with Mr Punch
- Hazel Gets Them In Line!
- Royal Quays Star Wars Piece
- Race Night Race Card Example
- Memory Full, Baffling Computer Problem Solved
- Memory Games Do Work
- Hunt The Letter
- Monkwearmouth Museum Gets Thumbs Up From Mr Punch
- Face Painting For Beginners
- Face Painting Course
- Punch and Judy in Durham
- Jolly Good Fun For Army Kids
- National Play Day, Meridian Park, Cleethorpes
- Great Broughton Village Hall
- Good Old Fashioned Fun!
- Morley RUFC Royal Wedding Event
- Jolly Good Fun At RAF Waddington
- How to make a chocolate cake in four minutes!
- The importance of working with a clean face painting kit
- York Visit Kindles Minster Wedding Memories
- Puppet King For Wolverhampton
- Mayor For A Minute
- LATIN, BALLROOM AND SEQUENCE DANCE CLASSES
- Shooting Gallery With Moving Targets!
- Beginner Face Painting Course
- New Play Park For Seaham
- Free Business Directory