Punch and Judy Shows in County Durham
Punch and Judy (Photo credit: ronwooduk)
The very first Punch and Judy Show I ever performed was at a birthday party taking place the Dolphin Centre in Darlington. That was a long time ago and I do remember being very nervous. If I am honest the performance probably wasn’t brilliant but the children at the party seemed to love it anyway.
Over the years Mr Punch and I have performed at all kinds of events throughout County Durham and still do. I am glad to report that the Punch and Judy Show is as popular with the wonderful people of Durham as anywhere else in the country.
One of my favorite places to perform is Beamish Museum. I am very lucky to be invited to perform there at various events throughout the year. If you are reading this and you haven’t been then you really must make the effort. It is a fascinating place and it just gets better and better as they continue to improve or add to all the amazing attractions they have there.
My eldest daughter Natasha and several of my close friends studied at Durham University ( Natasha is a Hatfielder ). Therefore Durham City is a special place to my family. We all love Durham with its fabulous cathedral and lovely streets, buildings and river side walks. The world famous Durham University dominates the city centre and in term time it is packed with students. There are many student balls and events run by the entertainment committees of the many colleges throughout the year and from time to time they too book a Punch and Judy Show. One of the most memorable occasions for me was performing Punch and Judy in the courtyard of Castle College for their annual summer ball. Great fun.
Over course of my career as a Punch and Judy Man I have been involved in Council and Corporate Events in places like Bishop Auckland, Sunderland, Consett, Sedgefield, Spennymoor, Hartlepool, Darlington, Newton Aycliffe and Barnard Castle with clients such as Glaxo Smith Klyne, 3M, Nissan, Caterpillar, NSK Bearings UK, The Sunderland Air Show, The Durham Miners Gala, The Tall Ships Race and many, many more local and community events. Although I live in Richmond, North Yorkshire, County Durham is on my door step and I probably spend more time in Durham than I do in Yorkshire.
To find out more about my Punch and Judy Show visit my Punch and Judy Web Page on the Jolly Good Productions web site.
Jolly Good Productions
- Victorian Punch and Judy Show
- Yorkshire Punch And Judy Man
- Irreverent Punch At Student Party
- Do You Suffer From Wind?
- Punch And Judy Visit Historic Northumberland
- Punch Fan Finds Fun Come Rain Or Sun!
- Punch And Judy Kissing Is No Laughing Matter
- Punch and Judy | A Short History
- World’s longest-running Punch and Judy show notches up 150 years | Mail Online
- Punch And Judy Show Shocks Adult Audience
- Good Old Fashioned Fun!
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair
- How To Attract Attention To Your Stand
- Punch and Judy Man, County Durham
- Monkwearmouth Museum Gets Thumbs Up From Mr Punch
- British Legion Day, Stockton, June 2011
- Mr Punch and The Barrel Organ
- Punch And Judy Shows Are Not All The Same!
- Measuring Job Satisfaction
- Who Do You Think You Are Mr Punch?
- As Pleased As Punch!
- Punch Arrested!
- Genuine Laughter
- Punch And Judy May Fayre, Covent Garden
- Punch And Judy And Why Size Matters!
- Punch and the Devil
- Mr Punch and the Padre
- Punch And Judy | 350th Anniversary Celebrations
- Mr Punch’s Xmas Party
- Outdoor Events | Do I Need A Wet Weather Plan ?
- Jolly Good Fun At RAF Waddington
- Punch, Fire And Crafty Goings On Delight Visitors At Top Museum
- Mr Punch | Breaking News!
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- Falconry UK
- Georgian Punch and Judy
- The Buck Inn, Maunby
- Beighton Gala with Mr Punch
- Family Fun Day Entertainment Tips | Site Layout
- Alnwick Lions Family Fun Day
- Athersley South Action Group Show How It’s Done!
- Wensleydale Show 2010
- Mr Punch’s Big Birthday Bash
- The Seaside Comes To Barnsley!
- Mr Punch’s 350th Birthday Party
- Why You should Never Forget Your Trousers
- Coronation Street Star In Wensleydale
- Tips On Taking Photos Or Video At A Children’s Party
- Live Crocodile To Star In Punch And Judy Show
- Malton Show 2015
- New Play Park For Seaham
- Birthday Party Clown
- Close Up Magic Or Acting?
- Paul Storey’s Funny Duck
- Traditional Amusements | Chair O Plane Ride
- Joel’s Amazing Pirate Cakes
- Entertaining Pre School Age Children At A Birthday Party
- Cracking Cake Caper Caps Kids Commotion!
- Kid’s Shows Inside Or Out?
- Stilt Walker Gives Guests A Big Welcome
- Wolsingham Gala 2015
- Children’s Entertainer | Right And Wrong Way To Book
- Holiday Club Ideas | Magic Day
- The Creepy Crawly Show | Children’s Entertainment
- Thirsk and Sowerby Town Hall
- Party Tips For Mums And Dads
- Ripon Festival Spring Fair 2011
- National Play Day, Meridian Park, Cleethorpes
- Line Dancing Classes in Bedale, North Yorkshire
- Hire Real Donkeys
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair 2011
- Hold An Eagle Owl For Three Pounds
- Who To Invite To A Children’s Party
- Have You Ever Been Bubbled?
- How to plan a Children’s Christmas Party
- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer | Hire
- How To Entertain Older Kids
- Why Is Face Painting So Popular?
- Village Halls Near Richmond, North Yorks
- Is a Bouncy Castle a dream or a nightmare ?
- How To Build A Beach At Your Event
- Balloon Modelling | Anxiety And Frustration For Parents
- Christmas Puppet Show
- Thornaby’s Hidden Secret
- Birthday Cake Ideas
- Christmas Show For Your Xmas Party
- Northfields Shopping Centre, Birmingham, Fun Day
- Georgian Fair, Beamish Museum
- August Bank Holiday Events
- Amazing Birthday Cake!
- Kids Say The Funniest Things
- Face Painting Tips 3
- Birthday Party Venue Is Magic