Making Puppet Heads
This interesting video shows how to make puppet heads using clay models.
Go to this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clN0Y0amEQ4
Sorry, I have removed the slide how from this post as I could not disable the auto play / sound. You can see it by following the link.
Yesterday I worked at the Sue Walker Children’s Centre, Kiverton Park, Sheffield providing children’s entertainment as part of the summer holiday programme. Children’s Centres mainly engage with families with young children. They provide advice and support for new parents, they form the hub of a social network within the community and they also run training courses for self development in both domestic and work related fields. During school holidays the centres run activity days and outings for local families. Although these usually do have to be paid for they are always at a very reasonable price, well organised and good quality.
I like visiting Children’s Centres because they are great environments to work in. They are well equipped with good access and there’s always a nice atmosphere.
Yesterday I had two groups, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I performed my Pirate Puppet Show, we had a break for refreshments and then I ran a puppet making workshop. The Centre Manager gave me a list of comments made by parents at the end of the morning session. Here is what they said :
- Martha had a great time, really enjoyed the faces and voices.
- Oliver loved it, it was brill but found the pirate and skeleton a little loud and scary. Thanks.
- Kieren was mesmerised. He jumped a couple of times but didn’t cry. Thank you.
- Madison loved it. Lots of fun. Didn’t like Bones the Pirate. The whole puppet show was excellent – would do again. Brilliant. Thanks.
- Lots of fun, Isaac had a great time helping make a puppet. More suitable for slightly older children as the noise was loud for the younger children.
- Olivia really enjoyed today making the puppets and the puppet show. Thank you.
- Jenson loved making the puppets, thank you so much it was a really good idea and creative for the children.
- Evie loved the puppets and it was very creative.
- I brought Lucie ( 4 ) and Evie ( 11/2) and they both enjoyed the show and loved making the puppets at the end. Another great event. well done.
- Darcy ( 4 ) and myself both really enjoyed the puppet workshop. It was lots of fun. Darcy particularly enjoyed making the puppets.
- Zack ( 6 ), Hannah ( 1 ) and Ethan ( 3 ) loved the puppet show and participating. Two very happy boys with puppets to take home.
- Jack ( 7 ), lewis ( 5 ) and Max ( 1 ) loved the puppet show, enjoyed interacting with the puppets most.
- Theo ( 3 ) had a great time today. Theo’s comment was ” the puppet show was good and funny ” Thank you. Great activity and brilliant puppet prize at the end – thanks so much.
It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I had a great time and I am pleased that everyone who came enjoyed it too. I look forward to my invitation to provide children’s entertainment at a Children’s Centre and hopefully I will be asked back to Kiverton Park with one of my other shows some time in the future. Fingers crossed!
This You Tube clip is so funny. It goes to show that puppets are not just for kids.
Fancy booking a puppet show, give me a call. We don’t have Ricky Gervais our shows are still very entertaining.
Visitors to the Manders Shopping Centre in Wolverhampton had a special treat recently when Jolly Good Productions staged their latest Puppet Show. The set of a fairy castle appeared in the centre of the mall and crowds gathered to watch the performances. The story about is about King Custard and features a cast of interesting characters and lots of audience participation. The show was enjoyed by children of all ages and some came back several times to watch again.
In addition to the puppets there was also fantastic face painting by Hazel.
Jolly Good Productions are based in Yorkshire but provide children’s entertainment for shopping centres and at corporate events throughout the UK.
Puppet Show by Jolly Good Productions
Face Painter Hazel Wood