Magical Fun For Holiday Clubs
Why Hiring A Magic Workshop Is A Great Idea!
Keeping a group of children occupied over the holidays is quite a challenge. Anyone who runs a Holiday Club or Out Of School Club knows how difficult it can be to come up with new ideas. If your Holiday Club is boring the children won’t want to come or if they do come then they are more likely to get up to mischief if they don’t have plenty of fun stuff to do.
Setting up a workshop day, planning the activities, gathering together all the necessary resources takes time and effort which you could be putting into something else. That’s why hiring in a ready-made workshop day is such a good idea.
Although hiring outside help is expensive the cost can be well worth it. The children have a great time, they will learn some great magic and have tricks they have made to take home with them. They will remember the day for a long time, it will be a talking point and might encourage other kids to join the club. The parents will be happy and you will have further enhanced your reputation as the best kids club in town!
How To Make The Most Of The Magic Workshop
Although the Magic Workshoptakes place on one day you can easily spread the fun over an entire week. There are lots of things you can do to keep the magic working before and after the actual workshop day. Here are a few ideas:
- Have the children draw pictures and make cut outs to decorate the room.
- Have a dressing up day with a magic theme.
- Read stories about wizards and magicians ie Harry Potter.
- Build a magic den.
- Adapt games to suit a magic theme.
- Practice the tricks from the Magic Workshop Day
- Put together a Magic Show
- Rehearse the Magic Show
- Make a stage for the Magic Show
- Audition acts for the Magic Show.
- Give everyone a job if they are not performing.
- Choose music for each act.
- Make posters to advertize the Magic Show.
- Make tricks and props from the workshop day using the notes provided.
- Make a Magic Video with all the children taking part. Send a copy home with each child as a keep sake.
- Have competitions for making the best wizard’s hat or for making the best Top Hat and a white rabbit out of card.
With a little bit of imagination it’s easy to turn a one day Magic Workshop into a fantastic Magic Week.
More Ideas For Holiday Clubs
Are you looking for other ideas for your Holiday Club or Out Of School Club? Jolly Good Productions do other special activity days. See the Holiday Club page on our web site.
- It’s Magic! Coins and Cards by Ron Wood (jollygoodfun.co.uk)
- Close Up Magic Or Acting? (jollygoodfun.co.uk)
- How to do Magic Tricks (answers.com)
- Magic Workshop | Learn Magic
- Holiday Club Activity Days