How To Run a Race NightRace Nights are great fun and are a tried and tested way to bring in cash for worthy causes. They do need to be organised properly.
Make sure your charity / fund raiser Race Night is a roaring success!
Things you must do :
- Make sure that all of the horses are sold in advance
- Get a sponsor for every race
- Sell jockeys as well as horses
- Run side bets such as the ” Tri Cast “which can be sold in advance
- Organise pie and peas and sell admission tickets so that people are comitted to come (allow pay on the door too )
- Organise a rafflle
- Advertise the event
- Run a bar or use a venue which has a bar
- Make sure as many people as possible come on the night and bring their friends with them
- Take photos and send out a press release afterwards and let people know how to donate after the event
The key to success with a Race Night is to do as much as possible in advance. You should always be a few hundred pounds up even before the doors open on the night. Please get in touch if you need advice.
For more information see:
To book a Race Night:
Go to our Enquiry Form
Have you ever organised a race night? Can you suggest other ways to bring in extra cash ?