Circus Fun For Holiday Clubs
Hiring A Circus Workshop Is A Great Idea!
Hire a Circus Workshop for your organization over school holidays, the kids will love it!
The Circus is an exciting theme for children and there is so much scope for everyone to get involved. You can easily develop a full week of fun around your circus theme. You can use our Circus Day as a launch pad for a range of other activities possibly leading up to a fantastic Circus Show for family and friends at the end of the week.
How To Make The Most Of Your Circus Workshop
Although the Circus Workshop takes place on one day you can easily spread the fun over an entire week. There are lots of things you can do both before and after the actual workshop day. Here are a few ideas:
- Have the children draw pictures and make cut outs to decorate the room.
- Have a dressing up day with a circus theme.
- Read stories about clowns and the circus.
- Build a circus tent.
- Adapt games to suit a circus theme.
- Have circus skills practice sessions.
- Put together a Circus Show.
- Hold rehearsals.
- Make an arena for the Circus Show.
- Hold auditions.
- Think of as many types of performances and roles as possible ie Lion Tamer, Ring Master, Animlals, Ticket Sellers, Clown Band etc etc.
- Involve everyone.
- Choose music for each act.
- Make posters to advertize the Circus Show.
- Make costumes, masks and props for the show.
- Make a Circus Video with all the children taking part.
- Have competitions for making the best circus act.
You can easily turn a Circus Workshop into a fantastic Circus Week.
More Ideas For Holiday Clubs
Are you looking for other ideas for your Holiday Club or Out Of School Club? Jolly Good Productions do other special activity days. See the Holiday Club page on our web site.
- Community Circus Festival Oct 2012 (seacircus.wordpress.com)
- Holiday Club Ideas | Magic Day (jollygoodfun.co.uk)
- Circus comes to town. (girlwithjavacurls.typepad.com)
- Ringling Circus Museum (floridaholidayhomes4u.com)
- Circus Skills
- Puppet Making