Image by ronwooduk via Flickr
This is just a short post with a few tips about taking photos and videos at children’s parties.
I’d like to start by saying that I do believe birthday parties are important and happy family occasions which should be recorded. You should take lots and lots of photos so that you can look back in years to come on what is sure to be a wonderful experience.
One of the things parents often say to me after a show is how much they loved seeing the children laugh or how they loved watching them smiling and having fun. I was thinking about this today and it dawned on me that when parents video my shows they are nearly always doing it from the back. In other words they never film the most important part which is the expressions and reactions of the children. It occurred to me that you really need to have two cameras. One at the back filming the show and the other at the front filming the audience. By having two cameras you can capture all the action. The funny bits in the act and the children laughing or joining in. You might have to borrow a second video camera or sweet talk a friend or relative to help out but I’m sure it would be worth it.
The same goes for photography. Try to take shots from both directions.
I also think it’s worth either buying or borrowing a tripod. You always get much better results when the video camera is firmly supported compared to hand held.
If you are booking an entertainer have a word with them about the show and find out when there will be some good photo opportunities and then you can be ready to snap away at the right moments. Make a few notes to remind you of what to expect.
If you are planning a party I hope these ideas are useful.
If you are keen on photography and have any useful tips please post a comment below. Thanks, Ron.
Jolly Good Productions
- Who To Invite To A Children’s Party
- Joel’s Amazing Pirate Cakes
- Cracking Cake Caper Caps Kids Commotion!
- Magic Show For Magic Family
- Amazing Birthday Cake!
- Party Tips For Mums And Dads
- Bubble Trouble At Birthday Bash
- Pirate Cakes In Fabulous Fairy Castle
- Entertaining Pre School Age Children At A Birthday Party
- Birthday Party Clown
- Is a Bouncy Castle a dream or a nightmare ?
- Thirsk and Sowerby Town Hall
- Children’s Entertainment Can Be A Real Hoot
- The Creepy Crawly Show | Children’s Entertainment
- Heighington Village Hall
- Hire Real Donkeys
- Birthday Party Venue Is Magic
- Methodist Church Hall, Scorton
- Have You Ever Been Bubbled?
- Newton Le Willows Village Hall
- How to make a chocolate cake in four minutes!
- Village Halls Near Richmond, North Yorks
- Borrowby Village Hall
- How to get the most from your children’s entertainer!
- Time Planning Tips
- Whitburn Hall Hire
- Great Broughton Village Hall
- Parties For Girls
- Birthday Cake Ideas
- How To Make Yummy Yummy Chocolate Cookies
- Tractor Birthday Cake
- Birthday Cakes To Steal The Show
- Oblivion | Funny Film By Spoke
- Punch and Judy in Durham
- Balloon Modelling | Anxiety And Frustration For Parents
- Pirate Themed Birthday Cake
- Paul Storey’s Funny Duck
- Why Is Face Painting So Popular?
- Measuring Job Satisfaction
- The importance of working with a clean face painting kit
- Punch And Judy Show Shocks Adult Audience
- Slide Show | Feature Packed And FREE
- Face Painting For A Party Or Event By Hazel Wood
- Face Painting Demo By Hazel
- Face Painting Video Demonstration, Tiger Face By Hazel Wood
- Hold An Eagle Owl For Three Pounds
- Children’s Centre Activity Day Feedback
- Birthday Party Magic
- Punch And Judy And Why Size Matters!
- How To Entertain Older Kids
- Traditional Amusements | Chair O Plane Ride
- Top Tips for Race Night Success
- Face Painting In The Big Freeze
- Punch And Judy Kissing Is No Laughing Matter
- Great Yorkshire Show Is Expensive!
- Is Twitter A Complete Waste Of Time?
- More Face Painting Tips For Your Event
- You Tube Free Video Downloader
- Christmas Costume Characters In Action
- Face Painting Tips 3
- Good Old Fashioned Fun!
- Punch And Judy Visit Historic Northumberland
- Hunt The Letter
- How To Build A Beach At Your Event
- Bouncy Castle Safety
- Holiday Club Ideas | Magic Day
- How To Learn Face Painting
- As Pleased As Punch!
- How To Avoid Face Paint Peril For Parents | Face Painting Advice
- What Makes A Good Father Christmas?
- East Harlsey Village Hall
- All Saint’s Church Hall, Ravensdale Road, Darlington
- Wilson Centre, Long Newton, Stockton On Tees
- Jolly Good Fun At RAF Waddington
- Mini Miami Fairground Ride For Kids
- How to make a puppet head | You Tube
- Shooting Gallery With Moving Targets!
- Gerry Anderson Tribute
- Thornaby’s Hidden Secret
- Stilt Walker Gives Guests A Big Welcome
- Christmas Show For Your Xmas Party
- Northfields Shopping Centre, Birmingham, Fun Day
- Lady Children’s Entertainer, Richmond ( North Yorkshire )
- Children’s Entertainer | Right And Wrong Way To Book
- World’s longest-running Punch and Judy show notches up 150 years | Mail Online
- Make A Stunning Entrance To Your Santa’s Grotto
- York Visit Kindles Minster Wedding Memories
- Butterfly Face by Hazel Wood
- Face Painting For Beginners
- Christmas Is A Pain In The B**!
- Mr Punch’s Xmas Party
- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer | Hire
- How to plan a Children’s Christmas Party