The tranquility of a beautiful Northumberland village was disturbed yesterday with the arrival of Mr Punch and his entourage.
The picturesque and historic medieval village of Blanchland nestles in the Northumbrian countryside and is popular with tourists. The peace and quiet was disturbed for a while yesterday when Punch and Judy were called on to perform at the Lord Crewe Arms Hotel to entertain wedding guests.
Mr Punch said ” We was a little concerned about doing the show at this venue because the hotel is supposed to be haunted and as we already have a ghost we thought it might cause trouble. The resident ghost might not be happy with an outsider putting the frighteners on people on his turf so to speak”
Fortunately all was well and the Punch and Judy Show went ahead to the delight of the guests.
After the show there was time for a quick look round before heading back to North Yorkshire.
Mr Punch recommends a visit to Blanchland if you are ever up that way. It is a lovely place as you can see from the photos below.
Approaching Blanchland from Co durham
The Lord Crewe Hotel, Blanchland, Northumberland
Blanchland village square
Blanchland has many pretty houses
Beatiful stone buildings
The Blanchland Deli
The Lord Crewe Hotel is popular with ghost hunters so if you do go keep your eyes open for strange goings on…you have been warned!
ps Punch recommends the Deli ( nice grub and friendly service too )
Jolly Good Productions
- Punch Fan Finds Fun Come Rain Or Sun!
- Yorkshire Punch And Judy Man
- Punch Arrested!
- Punch and Judy in Durham
- Who Do You Think You Are Mr Punch?
- Mr Punch and the Padre
- Punch And Judy May Fayre, Covent Garden
- Victorian Punch and Judy Show
- Punch And Judy Kissing Is No Laughing Matter
- Mr Punch | Breaking News!
- Do You Suffer From Wind?
- World’s longest-running Punch and Judy show notches up 150 years | Mail Online
- Punch and Judy | A Short History
- Good Old Fashioned Fun!
- Newbiggin Maritime Centre | Seaside Day
- How To Attract Attention To Your Stand
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair
- British Legion Day, Stockton, June 2011
- Monkwearmouth Museum Gets Thumbs Up From Mr Punch
- Punch And Judy Show Shocks Adult Audience
- Punch and the Devil
- Punch And Judy Shows Are Not All The Same!
- Mr Punch and The Barrel Organ
- Punch and Judy Man, County Durham
- Thorp Perrow Circus Mayhem
- Measuring Job Satisfaction
- As Pleased As Punch!
- Deer Shed Festival Has Balldersby Bopping
- Methodist Church Hall, Scorton
- Genuine Laughter
- Ripon Festival Spring Fair 2011
- Newton Le Willows Village Hall
- How To Build A Beach At Your Event
- Punch And Judy | 350th Anniversary Celebrations
- Irreverent Punch At Student Party
- Punch And Judy And Why Size Matters!
- Mr Punch’s Xmas Party
- Family Fun Day Entertainment Tips | Site Layout
- Outdoor Events | Do I Need A Wet Weather Plan ?
- Thirsk and Sowerby Town Hall
- Face Painting For Beginners
- Jolly Good Fun For Army Kids
- The “Old Hoss” Of Richmond
- Falconry UK
- Christmas Eve, FREE Show!
- The Ripon Hornblower
- Mayor For A Minute
- Line Dancing Classes in Bedale, North Yorkshire
- Grand National Winner Supports Race Night Fund Raiser
- Dalton and Gayles Memorial Hall
- Alnwick Lions Family Fun Day
- Jolly Good Fun At RAF Waddington
- Beighton Gala with Mr Punch
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- Mr Punch’s 350th Birthday Party
- Wensleydale Show 2010
- The Seaside Comes To Barnsley!
- The Buck Inn, Maunby
- Coronation Street Star In Wensleydale
- Why You should Never Forget Your Trousers
- Punch, Fire And Crafty Goings On Delight Visitors At Top Museum
- Georgian Punch and Judy
- Mr Punch’s Big Birthday Bash
- Athersley South Action Group Show How It’s Done!
- Live Crocodile To Star In Punch And Judy Show
- Traditional Amusements | Chair O Plane Ride
- Malton Show 2015
- Not Quite The Grand National
- Hire Real Donkeys
- Hawes Gala 2012 Was No wash Out!
- Children’s Entertainment Can Be A Real Hoot
- Join The Cavy Club If You Love Little Furry Animals
- Borrowby Village Hall
- Morley RUFC Royal Wedding Event
- The Secret Millionaire
- Tips On Taking Photos Or Video At A Children’s Party
- Cancer | Help Wanted
- Children’s Encyclopedia Britannica Problem | Help Wanted
- The Creepy Crawly Show | Children’s Entertainment
- Paul Storey’s Funny Duck
- Birthday Cake Ideas
- Kid’s Shows Inside Or Out?
- Stockton Show, August 2013
- Spooky Fun | Halloween Party Ideas
- Storytelling | Are Fables Relevant Today?
- Party Tips For Mums And Dads
- Ripon Seaside Day 2011
- Cyrenians at Blagdon Estate
- Adam’s Crazy Caricatures!
- Wedding Magician, North Yorkshire
- Whitburn Hall Hire
- Great Broughton Village Hall
- Leyburn Primary School Summer Fair, May 2010