Mr Punch and his entourage visited Monkwearmouth Museum in Sunderland yesterday and performed four shows to appreciative audiences of children and adults.
Mr Punch enjoyed his visit as it reminded him of the days when people used to flock to the English seaside for day trips and vacations. The museum is housed in a former railway station. The building itself is very grand as was the style in the victorian era when it was conceived. There are many exhibits to show what life was like in the area in years gone by. There is even a fully restored ticket office to show what the station would have been like in Edwardian times.
The museum is designed to be child friendly and there are various interactive displays and a playroom too.
In addition to the Punch and Judy Show there was also face painting by Katrina Wood. This was very popular and there was a queue all afternoon. There were lots of oohs and aahs at the stunning faces Katrina painted and quite a few parents enquiring about Katrina’s availability for face painting at parties in the Sunderland / Newcastle area. This is no problem as Katrina is based in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Mr Punch’s verdict : The museum is interesting, educational and fun with friendly and helpful staff. Definitely worth a visit.
Punch and the printing machine
Monkwearmouth Museum sign at entrance
Edwardian Railway Station Ticket Office
Edwardian Ticket Office
If you were at the Museum and met Jolly Good Productions, saw the Punch and Judy Show, had your kids faces painted please feel free to leave a comment. What do you think of the museum? We’d love to hear your views and feedback.
Jolly Good Productions
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair
- Victorian Punch and Judy Show
- British Legion Day, Stockton, June 2011
- Punch and Judy in Durham
- World’s longest-running Punch and Judy show notches up 150 years | Mail Online
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- Jolly Good Fun At RAF Waddington
- Punch and Judy | A Short History
- Punch Fan Finds Fun Come Rain Or Sun!
- Yorkshire Punch And Judy Man
- Punch And Judy Kissing Is No Laughing Matter
- How To Attract Attention To Your Stand
- Punch And Judy Visit Historic Northumberland
- Outdoor Events | Do I Need A Wet Weather Plan ?
- Irreverent Punch At Student Party
- Athersley South Action Group Show How It’s Done!
- The Seaside Comes To Barnsley!
- Punch, Fire And Crafty Goings On Delight Visitors At Top Museum
- Deer Shed Festival Has Balldersby Bopping
- Flowers and Rainbow Faces | Face Painting by Hazel Wood
- Great Yorkshire Show Is Expensive!
- Alnwick Lions Family Fun Day
- Wensleydale Show 2010
- Who Do You Think You Are Mr Punch?
- Beighton Gala with Mr Punch
- Face Painting Tips 9
- Face Painting Tips 3
- Northfields Shopping Centre, Birmingham, Fun Day
- Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt 2011 | Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Pants In The Park In Gateshead 2010
- Measuring Job Satisfaction
- Mr Punch | Breaking News!
- Good Old Fashioned Fun!
- Do You Suffer From Wind?
- Mr Punch and The Barrel Organ
- Coronation Street Star In Wensleydale
- Punch and the Devil
- Face Painter, Catterick Garrison
- Face Painting Course | July 2012
- Pregnant ‘Bump Painting’
- Hartlepool Tall Ships Will Be Jolly Good Fun | TV Commercial
- Punch And Judy Shows Are Not All The Same!
- The importance of working with a clean face painting kit
- Face Painting | Teamwork Counts!
- Why You should Never Forget Your Trousers
- Face Painting Tips 6
- Face Painter, Kenilworth
- Face Painting Tips 2
- Face Painting For Beginners
- More Face Painting Tips For Your Event
- Face Painter, Birmingham
- Face Painting Tips 7
- Face Painter, Coventry
- Face Painter, Warwick
- Royal Quays Star Wars Piece
- Face Painting, Leamington Spa
- Face Painting Tips 5
- Face Painting Tips 8
- Face Painting Tips 4
- Puppet King For Wolverhampton
- Face Painting Video Demonstration, Tiger Face By Hazel Wood
- Face Painting For A Party Or Event By Hazel Wood
- Face Painting Tips 1
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair 2011
- Punch And Judy May Fayre, Covent Garden
- Falconry UK
- Punch Arrested!
- Genuine Laughter
- Mr Punch’s Xmas Party
- Punch and Judy Man, County Durham
- Punch And Judy And Why Size Matters!
- Punch And Judy Show Shocks Adult Audience
- Punch And Judy | 350th Anniversary Celebrations
- As Pleased As Punch!
- Mr Punch and the Padre
- Family Fun Day Entertainment Tips | Site Layout
- The Buck Inn, Maunby
- The Romans Are Coming!
- Why Is Face Painting So Popular?
- Face Painting | Health And Safety
- Prescot Shopping Centre
- The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Clock
- Why Hire a Professional Face Painter?
- Face Painting In The Big Freeze
- Face Painting | Event Planning Tips
- Face Painting Course
- Beginner Face Painting Course
- How To Learn Face Painting
- Face Painting Demo By Hazel
- Newbiggin Maritime Centre | Seaside Day
- Cyrenians at Blagdon Estate
- Brighouse Victorian Christmas Festival 2013
- Georgian Fair, Beamish Museum