Here is another game that has always been a favourite at our family gatherings.
Hunt The Letter
What you need to play the game
All players need a piece of paper and a pen / pencil
The organiser needs :
Paper and pen / pencil
What to do
Think of a word or phrase ie ” entertainer ”
write it on your piece of paper in small letters, spaced out
cut each letter out
using the cellotape, place the letters around the room where they can be found without moving anything. Don’t put them in obvious locations and vary the height ie have some high up and some low down. You can put them in several rooms, hall, conservatory, porch etc. Wherever you are happy for the participants to go.
How to play
Give everyone paper and a pen / pencil
Explain that they have to hunt for the hidden letters and when they find one, write it down and note where it was located ( this helps prevent cheating…tush, tush…as if they would! )
Tell them how many letters there are and in which rooms
Tell them also that they do not need to move anything although the letters may not be in obvious places
Set a time limit ie 15 minutes ( optional )
Tell them not to let anyone else know when they spot a letter as this is all part of the fun.
When they have collected all of the letters they have to try and work out what the word or phrase is
The winner is the first person to come up with the correct answer
Who can play
This game is really for older children, teens and adults. Younger childen can help to find the letters
Try this game at our next family gathering or party
Do you know any other games like this using letters or numbers?
Jolly Good Productions
- Memory Games Do Work
- Ring on a String
- Bags Of Fun
- Don’t Loose Your Marbles
- East Harlsey Village Hall
- Family Fun Day Entertainment Tips | Site Layout
- How to get the most from your children’s entertainer!
- All Saint’s Church Hall, Ravensdale Road, Darlington
- Punch And Judy And Why Size Matters!
- Great Broughton Village Hall
- Thornaby’s Hidden Secret
- Who To Invite To A Children’s Party
- Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt 2011 | Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Leyburn Primary School Summer Fair, May 2010
- Bubble Trouble At Birthday Bash
- Newton Le Willows Village Hall
- Tips On Taking Photos Or Video At A Children’s Party
- Christmas Is A Pain In The B**!
- Free Children’s Show, Christmas Eve | Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Eldon Community Centre
- How To Learn Face Painting
- C673 Family Fun Day
- Corporate Entertainment Is New Branch For Tree Pub
- Birthday Party Magic
- Christmas Eve, FREE Show!
- Thirsk and Sowerby Town Hall
- Punch, Fire And Crafty Goings On Delight Visitors At Top Museum
- Tyre Event Is Anything But Tiring!
- How To Entertain Older Kids
- Live Crocodile To Star In Punch And Judy Show
- Christmas Eve Show, Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Heighington Village Hall
- Wilson Centre, Long Newton, Stockton On Tees
- Holy Family Parish Centre, Darlington
- Punch Arrested!
- Wolsingham Gala 2015
- Measuring Job Satisfaction
- Race Night Winning Formula
- Have You Ever Been Bubbled?
- More Face Painting Tips For Your Event
- Defining Happiness
- Wynyard Hall Gardens
- Parties For Girls
- The “Old Hoss” Of Richmond
- Borrowby Village Hall
- Whitburn Hall Hire
- Jubilee Events | Jolly Good Productions
- How To Get Even More People To Attend Your Event!
- Cracking Cake Caper Caps Kids Commotion!
- Party Tips For Mums And Dads
- Balloon Decoration Tips For Your Wedding Reception
- Race Night Tips | Running The Tote
- Time Planning Tips
- Free Business Directory
- Christmas Craft Workshop
- Book interactive stilt walkers for hire in London
- Adam’s Crazy Caricatures!
- Stockton Show, August 2013
- King Custard Puppet Show Review
- Rushden Christmas Light Switch On 2014
- Face Painter, Catterick Garrison
- Why You should Never Forget Your Trousers
- Lazer Quest
- Irreverent Punch At Student Party
- Ingredients For A Good Children’s Entertainer
- Great Yorkshire Show Is Expensive!
- How Long Will New Play Park Last?
- Jolly Good Fun At RAF Waddington
- An Entertaining Life
- Children’s Centre Activity Day Feedback
- Cyrenians at Blagdon Estate
- Beamish Museum, Georgian Fair 2011
- Alnwick Lions Family Fun Day
- Birthday Party Clown
- Jolly Good Fun For Army Kids
- A Fabulous Christmas Party
- The Romans Are Coming!
- How To Make Yourself Feel Better
- LATIN, BALLROOM AND SEQUENCE DANCE CLASSES
- Hunton Village Hall | North Yorkshire
- Escomb Village Hall
- Grand National Winner Supports Race Night Fund Raiser
- Dalton and Gayles Memorial Hall
- Hen Party | Plucking Up Fun!
- Line Dancing Classes
- Village Halls Near Richmond, North Yorks
- Roaring Twenties Supper Dance
- Methodist Church Hall, Scorton
- Get Some Christmas Cheer
- Join The Cavy Club If You Love Little Furry Animals
- Face Painting Course | July 2012
- Christmas Puppet Show
- Festive Balloons