Image via Wikipedia
Strapped For Cash!
The funding has stopped and 2011 is going to be a bleak year for many charity and community event organisers. The cut backs are hitting hard and funding has been withdrawn on a scale never before known.
For those determined to go ahead with their events it is a time for clear thinking. Planners will need to be more resourceful and will need to rely much more on the good will of volunteers, sponsors and suppliers as budgets will be tighter than ever.
Here are my suggestions:
Know your aim
Be clear about what you want to achieve :
- Do you want to raise money? Is so, what is your target?
- Are you trying to help an individual or organisation? If so how? Be specific.
- Are you trying to raise awareness? Who are you trying to influence, what do you want them to do?
- Is your event about building community spirit or bringing people together? How are you going to achieve this?
- Make a list of everything you need for your event.
- Put the essential things first.
- Sort out your list starting with the most important at the top, least important at the bottom.
- Go down the list to make sure you have included everything.
- Decide what you can’t do without and which items are nice to have if you can get them.
Work out the cost
Make a cost sheet using your priority list.
- What can you get FREE of charge?
- What will you have to pay for?
Work out how much money you will need to find for the essentials.
Make sure you know exactly what it is going to cost you to put on your event!
Be sure you can pay the bills
Get sponsors if possible, run raffles, sell tickets etc etc to get the money you need well before the event.
Before you book anything you must be certain that you have sufficient cash to pay for it. Do not rely on gate money or public donations to bring in the money you need. Do not book suppliers in the hope that you will get a grant or that you will find the money from somewhere. If you cancel them or the event is unable to proceed you may be liable to pay a cancellation charge or even the full amount.
Remember that your suppliers will still want paying even if things go wrong.
Remember the old saying,
Every cloud has a silver lining
People do still want to enjoy themselves and their is still a lot of generosity and kindness even though we are all feeling the pinch.
So don’t give up, 2011 might not be as gloomy as it seems.
Jolly Good Productions
- How To Get Even More People To Attend Your Event!
- Time Planning Tips
- Outdoor Events | Do I Need A Wet Weather Plan ?
- How To Attract Attention To Your Stand
- Independant Safeguarding Authority Rules Announced
- How To Get More People To Attend Your Event
- Village Halls Near Richmond, North Yorks
- Whitburn Hall Hire
- Race Night Tips For A Racing Certainty
- Race Night Tips | Running The Tote
- Our Favourite Crepe Man
- Circus Workshop Plan For An Event
- Kid’s Shows Inside Or Out?
- CRB Checks, What Are The Rules?
- Balloon Decoration Tips For Your Wedding Reception
- In Store Entertainment That Works!
- How To Draw Attention To Your Store Opening
- Bouncy Castle Safety
- Face Painting | Event Planning Tips
- Free Business Directory
- Children’s Entertainment Can Be A Real Hoot
- Family Fun Day Entertainment Tips | Site Layout
- Punch And Judy And Why Size Matters!
- Eye Catching Entrances
- Children’s Entertainer Tent | What Type, What Size?
- Stilt Walker Gives Guests A Big Welcome
- How To Pack Them In On A Charity Race Night!
- Jolly Good Productions Links To Main Pages
- Theme Party Ideas
- Party Tips For Mums And Dads
- Race Night Race Card Example
- West Witton Gala | Wensleydale
- Race Night Profits Explained
- Hazel Gets Them In Line!
- Face Painter, Birmingham
- Face Painter, Coventry
- Face Painter, Warwick
- Face Painter, Kenilworth
- Face Painting, Leamington Spa
- Top Tips for Race Night Success
- Eldon Community Centre
- Athersley South Action Group Show How It’s Done!
- East Harlsey Village Hall
- Clown Commercial Tickles Walmart Customers Funny Bones
- Entertaining Pre School Age Children At A Birthday Party
- Chuckle The Clown | Interview
- The Ripon Hornblower
- Advertise Your Event For Free
- Line Dancing Classes in Bedale, North Yorkshire
- Race Night Winning Formula
- Not Quite The Grand National
- Wolsingham Gala 2015
- Grand National Winner Supports Race Night Fund Raiser
- Christmas Is A Pain In The B**!
- Zumba, Why Is It So Popular?
- Line Dancing Classes
- Learn Ballroom Dancing, Latin And Sequence Dancing At Snape Institute
- Face Painting Course | July 2012
- Urinals You Have Just Got To See!
- More Face Painting Tips For Your Event
- Jolly Good Fun At RAF Waddington
- Shooting Gallery Is Bang On Target
- Punch Fan Finds Fun Come Rain Or Sun!
- Hold An Eagle Owl For Three Pounds
- Birthday Party Clown
- Children’s Entertainer | Right And Wrong Way To Book
- Punch And Judy Show Shocks Adult Audience
- How To Build A Beach At Your Event
- Why Hire a Professional Face Painter?
- Boomwackers Are Fun
- Frank Watson Kiddies Roundabouts For Hire
- Hire A Vintage Fairground Ride
- Is a Bouncy Castle a dream or a nightmare ?
- Punch and Judy in Durham
- Face Painting | Teamwork Counts!
- Hawes Gala | The Water Slide
- Don’t Loose Your Marbles
- Memory Full, Baffling Computer Problem Solved
- An Entertaining Life
- Bags Of Fun
- The Buck Inn, Maunby
- Why Do We Like Clowns So Much ?
- Borrowby Village Hall
- Mini Miami Fairground Ride For Kids
- The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Clock
- Corporate Entertainment Is New Branch For Tree Pub
- Children’s Encyclopedia Britannica Problem | Help Wanted
- Brain Teaser | Psychopath Test
- After Dinner Speaker Chuckle The Clown
- Cracking Cake Caper Caps Kids Commotion!
- Do You Suffer From Wind?
- Motivational Workshops
- Christmas Balloons